Sevierville Lots - CALLING JB

Discussion of the search for new Solo II pavement.
thrdeye

Re: Sevierville Lots

Post by thrdeye »

Nah I wouldn't be the one to make that call. JB would be the best bet. I hear he likes crabs.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Gen52SS

Re: Sevierville Lots

Post by Gen52SS »

This is the Pigeon Forge Event Center parking lot. I have taken my car there a few times last spring when not too many people were around and did some testing. Since the Island Resort area has opened up the parking lots you show in the pictures closest to the Big Wheel is always full day and night 7 days a week. Once it gets to 10 AM there is a lot of traffic in the parking lot's during the months of April through Christmas. The trolley shuttle bus runs up and down as well. People are always visiting the new event center. This lot was paved a few years ago before the event center and Island attractions were finished. The Island was in financial trouble and the parking lot was not used for a long time. They started holding car shows on it. I have a contact Butch Helton who is in charge of Pigeon Forge Events. I've worked with him on the Vietnam Veterans Parades. I could ask him if the lot could be a possibility for a solo event. Yes it is long and narrow.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
thrdeye

Re: Sevierville Lots - CALLING JB

Post by thrdeye »

Quick and dirty measurement on google seems that it's about 175 ft from pole to curb. Could be workable.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Teufelshund

Re: Sevierville Lots - CALLING JB

Post by Teufelshund »

Can someone ask JB to look at this? I PM'd him but didn't get anything back
Brian Robbins
XP 45