Sevierville Lots - CALLING JB

Discussion of the search for new Solo II pavement.
Teufelshund

Sevierville Lots - CALLING JB

Post by Teufelshund »

Here's the coordinates. I haven't been there, I just noticed a couple good size lots on Google Earth.

35°48'10.57"N
83°34'4.05"W
Last edited by Teufelshund on Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
Gen52SS

Re: Sevierville Lots

Post by Gen52SS »

Brian if I got your coordinates correct the lot's are close to each other one is the parking lot for the Sable theater and the other is the closed Betz Mall. The Sable lot isn't that big and the theater is still open for business last I heard. The Beltz lot has too many islands and light poles. The new event center in Pigeon forge could work but they have car shows on that one as well as Splash County parking lot. ...that one might be easier to get. Thanks for the post
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

You're right on the Belz and the adjacent lot. I was also looking at the lot Southeast of the Belz. The long and skinny one. It has some islands and light poles as well but maybe it would work. I'll be out that way to look at a job tomorrow so I'll swing by and get a first person view
Brian Robbins
XP 45
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

[quote="Teufelshund"]You're right on the Belz and the adjacent lot. I was also looking at the lot Southeast of the Belz. The long and skinny one. It has some islands and light poles as well but maybe it would work. I'll be out that way to look at a job tomorrow so I'll swing by and get a first person view[/quote

Brian the lot your referencing is the new Pigeon forge event center lot. That lot would work but check it out tomorrow. Don't know how they would feel about autocross events held their. I do have a contact within the management office if someone wants to talk to them.
Paul Breitweiser
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

I'll run by there and have a look and report back. I noticed that East 10 Drift does several events at Splash Country. Has ETR had any events there? Dollywood also has a bazillion lots that almost certainly wouldn't be used in the spring before it really warms up. Seems like an ideal site. I'm pretty sure you can see those lots from space.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

The Porsche club just recently held one at Splash County some of our ETR peeps went. They also do one in March at Splash County. Dollywood opens March 20th with a lot of activities going on in their parking lots. The Sevierville airport is a possible location.
Paul Breitweiser
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

I was under the impression that the last Splash Country event was to be the final one for PCA--something about costs being too high? I enjoyed the lot, and would like to see what ETR could do with course design there.
Lucas Coleman STM #72
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

lcoleman wrote:I was under the impression that the last Splash Country event was to be the final one for PCA--something about costs being too high? I enjoyed the lot, and would like to see what ETR could do with course design there.
You might be right about PCA not running due to costs. If ETR wanted to try it as new location the dates would be in March, April, September or October. The Spring rod run used the lots for show cars and parts sales somewhere mid April.
Paul Breitweiser
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

We are looking into splash country, but nothing as of yet. If we get splash country we will post which event/events will be there, but we first have to get it.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

jcox07 wrote:We are looking into splash country, but nothing as of yet. If we get splash country we will post which event/events will be there, but we first have to get it.
JY...How does the cost to run an event at Splash Country lot compare to Pelli or Smokies Stadium?
Paul Breitweiser
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

We don't know yet what splash country will cost if we get it. We do know what the PCA group paid, but it may be more or could be the same. We will wait and see if we get it and at that time we would decide if the cost is worth holding a event or two there.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

lcoleman wrote:I was under the impression that the last Splash Country event was to be the final one for PCA--something about costs being too high? I enjoyed the lot, and would like to see what ETR could do with course design there.
That's what I heard as well. Also something about a possible joint event since they seem to have their foot in the door. I would definitely love to have an event there even if it was just one to replace Bristol.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

This last picture is an adjacent lot that could either be used for paddock/grid or incorporated into the course.

It's definitely a different shape than what we're used to, but its a lot of good pavement and I think we should look into it especially if we can't get the other lot we're trying for.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Looks good on the surface, but the poles being so close to the curbs don't give us many options. It would be tuff to design a course there, but MAY be possible. It looks like we'd have room for a straightaway right down the middle.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

The pics make it look a little tighter than it looks in person but there may not be enough room to make it down and back. Would you be able to look at it?
Last edited by Teufelshund on Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Robbins
XP 45