New lot

Discussion of the search for new Solo II pavement.
KUNKDADDY

New lot

Post by KUNKDADDY »

UPS just paved a new lot. 500 callahan DR right of 75 north from Knoxville. Someone check it out and let me know if it is worth pursuing I got a little pull there.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

WooHoo! :rockon:

In Louisville, KY they run at the UPS lot at the airport, FYI.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I'll try taking a look and pictures tomorrow.

I smell EVO school.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

thrdeye wrote:I'll try taking a look and pictures tomorrow.

I smell EVO school.
That would be sweet. It's closer than ORM for me!
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Well, I went to check it out, and as far as the lot goes, I think you could put a very fun course together there if it was a two lapper. The hard part of running an event here would be the logistics of grid and paddock. If we can use one of the parking areas near the building, we can use the two access roads to get on and off the lot for start/finish, and we'd be able to use the whole lot for the course.

Below are two pics to show how long the lot is. Notice the white RAM in the first pic. I put an arrow over it in the second for a point of reference.

This image shows the width of the lot.

If we were not able to use one of the other lots for grid, we'd have to use the area below and run start/ finish in and out of there. That gravel you see is not really that loose. it almost feels cemented. They may be wanting to pave the rest of it. I'm sure you'd get a lot stuck to your race tires for our first couple of events at the site, though.

To me, it looks big enough to do something with, seems bigger than MECO to me.... Let me know if anyone wants to go check it out. You have to drive down into the ups customer lot and then you'll find it.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Adam

Post by Adam »

Looks good.That would take me like 5 minutes to get there.I could sleep in! Sweeeeeeeeeet! :rockon:

Adam
98 Prelude Type SH
SM 29