Peru results

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
ConeEater

Re: Peru results

Post by ConeEater »

I was working corner 2 in the slalom and could see all of 1 as well.

It's all kinda a blurr... but I do remember him getting a cone in the slalom one at least 1 run.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
steverife

Post by steverife »

I want to say that he got the last slalom cone one run and he got cone #111 one run, which was the single inside cone for the first left hander.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

steverife wrote:I want to say that he got the last slalom cone one run and he got cone #111 one run, which was the single inside cone for the first left hander.
Agreed.. I know the last cone in the slalom was one and THOUGHT that he got that cone in the 1st section as well. It was crazy down there @ one point and wasn't sure if it was him or the blue Celica.
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Steve, saw your post on RRautox about the canopies.

That was mine ( assuming you were talking about the ones across from you ) and our other region guys' tents. That was a total flub on my part. I honestly didn't think it was going to get that bad. My apologies and thank you for grabbing the tops off of them. One of the guys came over and mentioned it to us and we apologized and thanked him as well.

That wasn't intentional and won't happen again.
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
steverife

Post by steverife »

ConeEater wrote:Steve, saw your post on RRautox about the canopies.

That was mine ( assuming you were talking about the ones across from you ) and our other region guys' tents. That was a total flub on my part. I honestly didn't think it was going to get that bad. My apologies and thank you for grabbing the tops off of them. One of the guys came over and mentioned it to us and we apologized and thanked him as well.

That wasn't intentional and won't happen again.
No worries... Also, there were dozens that were left up unattneded. We just focused on the ones that would be on a path to hit our stuff, or people that needed help. :lol:

I just think we've taken down about a dozen canopies over the last few years in the same scenario, and we've been at events in neighboring regions were cars were damaged and people were injured by flying canopies. I think it was the last year at Topeka, ETR left up one and lost the top to it, so we've been guilty of it too...

I think it should be something that is addressed in the supps...if it isn't already, I don't ever read those things. :lol:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
NEVRLIFTLIN

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

steverife wrote:
thrdeye wrote:
rocracing2004 wrote:Congrads Linda!!! Wow what a win it was. I guess Jason likes STR after all good job Jason. Chris is showing the RTA class how we do it down south. :) It looks like there were a lot of ETR members that did real good. Have a safe trip home.

So what was the course like because looking at the results it looks cone happy.

RC
My car is pretty big, and I am really good at hitting cones, but hit only one this week.

On both days there was a really fast slalom that would net you a lot of time if you had the balls for it. I think that's where most of the cones came in.

I know that on my second Sunday run my balls were bigger than my talent and I spun hard coming out of it.
I didn't hit any cones all weekend. I don't think I've done that in the last 5 years.

Rife, Great job on NO cone carnage! :lol: I had 4 and a spin on my 1st run Sat and maybe 1 on another run. Sunday I had a total of 1 cone.... :D
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent
Social Director
Event Planner
🤗🐾🍺🚘🎵🏁
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

ConeEater wrote:
steverife wrote:I want to say that he got the last slalom cone one run and he got cone #111 one run, which was the single inside cone for the first left hander.
Agreed.. I know the last cone in the slalom was one and THOUGHT that he got that cone in the 1st section as well. It was crazy down there @ one point and wasn't sure if it was him or the blue Celica.
I know he got a cone on his first run going into the loop (that was one of two). This one was his last run. I looked but didn't see anything and the audit sheet only showed the cone but no cone number. It was from station 2, which probably would have been the slalom.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
steverife

Post by steverife »

MARKP wrote:
ConeEater wrote:
I know he got a cone on his first run going into the loop (that was one of two). This one was his last run. I looked but didn't see anything and the audit sheet only showed the cone but no cone number. It was from station 2, which probably would have been the slalom.
Including the offset cones, it was the 4th of 5 slalom cones, or the last one that really mattered. I was writing for station #1 and had a good view of #1 and the slalom in #2. I couldn't remember which run was which, but I was watching you guys as closely as I could...
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Thanks!
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story