No October Event?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
jcford80

No October Event?

Post by jcford80 »

I heard that we won't be running the two-dayer at Splash Country and I see that it's off the schedule now. I take it that it's too late to substitute an event at PSTCC for October?
Justin Ford
08 Solstice GXP
#151 Pro A-Street
04 Chevy Cavalier
#3 STC
thrdeye

Re: No October Event?

Post by thrdeye »

I'm looking forward to the break, myself. If anyone wants to step up and chair one and get things organized, I'll drive.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

:(

I'd love to run something (anything!), but I can't commit to chairing.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
NEVRLIFTLIN

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

Dont forget the last leg of the Dog Fight in Chattanooga...... :eating:
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent
Social Director
Event Planner
🤗🐾🍺🚘🎵🏁
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

This also bring up my yearly plea for HELP.

There is a core group of 10-15 people that are making these events happen.

I want to personally say thank you to David Black, who didn't just post saying "I'll be glad to help wherever", but instead stepped up and decided he was going to learn how to help.

Also to Jim Simmons and Mike Kelly. You two have NO IDEA how much relief that you have provided Dave Disney, Dave Dillow and myself. We truly do not worry about timing when you guys are on it.

And Jordi....who DOESN'T EVEN COMPETE, but almost like clockwork is there to help out.

And those folks that are almost always first on site and last out....you know who you are.

If y'all want more events, that's awesome!!! BUT!!!! We need help. We need folks to take ownership. Running 15 events per year through the same 12-15 people is tiring. Especially when those 12-15 (well most of them) are trying to compete on the national level at autocross and have day jobs and long hours just like the rest of us.

Don't know how you can help? PM me.

Sorry if this sounds like a tirade. I don't mean it that way.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
flier129

Post by flier129 »

thrdeye wrote:This also bring up my yearly plea for HELP.

There is a core group of 10-15 people that are making these events happen.

I want to personally say thank you to David Black, who didn't just post saying "I'll be glad to help wherever", but instead stepped up and decided he was going to learn how to help.

Also to Jim Simmons and Mike Kelly. You two have NO IDEA how much relief that you have provided Dave Disney, Dave Dillow and myself. We truly do not worry about timing when you guys are on it.

And Jordi....who DOESN'T EVEN COMPETE, but almost like clockwork is there to help out.

And those folks that are almost always first on site and last out....you know who you are.

If y'all want more events, that's awesome!!! BUT!!!! We need help. We need folks to take ownership. Running 15 events per year through the same 12-15 people is tiring. Especially when those 12-15 (well most of them) are trying to compete on the national level at autocross and have day jobs and long hours just like the rest of us.

Don't know how you can help? PM me.

Sorry if this sounds like a tirade. I don't mean it that way.
This +12498235985, it makes my job a lot easier. :rockon:

Being on the back-end of events is an eye opener for me. It gets hectic when you've got 4-5 people asking you different things all at once while your trying to get one particular job done. Big props to everyone that make these events happen, I respect each and every one of you for your effort.

It'd be awesome to see someone step-up and be a grid master, especially when JB is chairing the events. We're spoiled with his grid setup :lol: Keep in mind the grid guy does NOT have time to go get something to eat, they need to be at grid waiting for the first car to roll up. We all know how anxious you can get if you've shagged cones for the past 2 hours and all you want to do it drive!
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
Jek

Post by Jek »

Aw, shucks, you make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when really I just wanted to work a cushy registration job in the trailer ;)

In all seriousness though, ETR being so well run makes it hugely appealing, and I really appreciate the core group of folks who make it happen. It's hard to be able to contribute extra when I live far away, although a move to Knoxville in June of 2013 is looking likely! If that happens, I'd like to get involved more, help with the event organization and such.

I took a break from volunteering for registration this time due to flying in from London the day before (Jet lagged David would probably make for some interesting classing, though), but I'll definitely keep volunteering for it in the future. That also leaves me free to ride with first timer folks as a navigator when I'm not running, which is something I enjoy doing that has seemed pretty necessary at the last few event layouts!
David Black
Johnson City, TN
'97 BMW M3 - STU 48
jcford80

Post by jcford80 »

I would be all for volunteering for more roles in ETR if not for me already helping with the Chatt guys so much. Nowadays, when I run with ETR it's like my time off where I can show up, race, shag cones, help clean up, then go drink beers. In chatt I'm the worker jerk and help with course set-up. I had no idea how long that can make a day when I signed up for it. I do however want to work along-side your worker chief on the next event to see his format of setting up run groups. It's usually a frantic thing in Chatt where I'm trying my best to even out Pro class, Novice, ect and with the Solo Staff guys who already have work assignments it can be difficult. I like how you had the names of the people that skipped out on worker assignments too and how you handle them. I am willing to be worker back-up if it's needed.
Justin Ford
08 Solstice GXP
#151 Pro A-Street
04 Chevy Cavalier
#3 STC
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Position timing box's,run the cable, hook that up,position the display and run and hookup it's battery and run the wiring and get it all plugged into the timing box. Not to mention the extra things that seem to happen,Oh shit no gas for the Gen ect. And then have an equipment failure and have to T/S that. And it seems like an angel some times drops in and helps to get stuff fixed. You got 1 1/2 hr involved and angel has 15 min.But I still help out where I can. Lot of folks dont know some one has to put all this stuff back into the trailer collect the radios ect. But we end up having fun.
Bob Colbert
steverife

Post by steverife »

jcford80 wrote:I would be all for volunteering for more roles in ETR if not for me already helping with the Chatt guys so much. Nowadays, when I run with ETR it's like my time off where I can show up, race, shag cones, help clean up, then go drink beers. In chatt I'm the worker jerk and help with course set-up. I had no idea how long that can make a day when I signed up for it. I do however want to work along-side your worker chief on the next event to see his format of setting up run groups. It's usually a frantic thing in Chatt where I'm trying my best to even out Pro class, Novice, ect and with the Solo Staff guys who already have work assignments it can be difficult. I like how you had the names of the people that skipped out on worker assignments too and how you handle them. I am willing to be worker back-up if it's needed.
Usually someone like Dave Disney or Chris Harp will do the run groups. We make sure that we have safety and T&S for each group and we generally have big enough groups that we can fake the rest. From that point, the worker jerk gets a list of everyone from each run group. When I was worker jerk, I listed off all the positions and and checked off all the people that had worked tech or registration or whatever, ideally before the driver's meeting, so you have time to swap a class or two to balance things if needed.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

I had a test and tune last year that Scott said did not make the money. If we want some sort of event we need help. We could call it a give all you can run on time course. You pay 30.00 and the extra 5 bucks goes into a event pay out fund.Base on all the pax and class times.Onewinner per class. I would like some help if this seems to be real.Feedback welcome on this. Need appx 60 plus entries,if not no event.
Bob Colbert
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

If we are looking to have an Oct. event, I can help chair if JBcan help with course and we have enough people that do want to run one. I am thinking Oct 21if we have one. JY
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

If anyone wants to get away for the weekend.... Next weekend we're having a charity event

Wounded Warriors foundation is our charity this year.

http://scrsolo.com/schedule/wounded-war ... autocross/

All the details are on the link. From Knoxville it's about a 6-7 hour drive but lots of stuff around it as far as hotels, food, shopping.

Our last events of the season up North.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
integra55

Post by integra55 »

jcox07 wrote:If we are looking to have an Oct. event, I can help chair if JBcan help with course and we have enough people that do want to run one. I am thinking Oct 21if we have one. JY

non- pts ..?? I've already made plans for the last two weekends in Oct ( VIR both weekends )
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
steverife

Post by steverife »

integra55 wrote:
jcox07 wrote:If we are looking to have an Oct. event, I can help chair if JBcan help with course and we have enough people that do want to run one. I am thinking Oct 21if we have one. JY

non- pts ..?? I've already made plans for the last two weekends in Oct ( VIR both weekends )
Triple points. Sorry. :lol:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97