May Fastrack

Discussions related to Solo
jcoatney

Re: May Fastrack

Post by jcoatney »

That figures. Stock class is the reason I sold my SP car. I definitely can't afford to prep the Corvette for SP and it sucks on street tires. I wish I knew this was going to happen, I wouldn't have bought this car.
Jon Coatney
03 Mach 1-CAMC 99
http://www.tennfab.com/
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Well, trust me... you're not the only one that didn't see this coming this soon. ALLOT of people were blindsided with this.

I'll be in the same boat if/when the C5Z gets re-classed to AS some year. I don't plan on selling the car, so I'll move to SP at that point, if not sooner.

I feel for the other classes. I'm still not liking the direction the classing is going even if they are leaving SS alone for now.

And I hope you're writing in to the SEB to make them aware of your displeasure. I am.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
flier129

Post by flier129 »

Yeah, write them a letter Coatney!! I still think it's dumb to take away the biggest fun factor of stock class.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

If you take away the hoosier, our cars are not fun to drive on street tires. Yeah Jon and I are in agreement about our cars and hopefully the scca will back off on the tire war.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

You can hope, but unless the masses really write in and make a huge huge huge stink about it, I don't see it happening.

You'd have a better shot at getting C5's into SS than them the R-tires around for everyone.

Write a letter... make your voice heard. If nothing else, you can at least say you did what you could.

Honestly though, even though AS was getting better with #'s, it wasn't growing fast enough ( IMO ) for them to take notice and give it more a chance.
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

jcox07 wrote:If you take away the hoosier, our cars are not fun to drive on street tires. Yeah Jon and I are in agreement about our cars and hopefully the scca will back off on the tire war.
Has no effect on SM
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

No it does not now, but I have been on streets and know what Jon's vette will be like. If any car with hp and it is not an awd has to be on street tires, it ain't gonna be fun.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
integra55

Post by integra55 »

ConeEater wrote:yes, that's my take. If you want to run R's you are in an SP class.

looks like next year it's 140TW tires for "Street" and 200TW for 2015.

and 200 TW for ST
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

All I have to say about this is write your letter. Point out what you agree with and what you don't and explain why.

Letters that simply state, "This is awesome" or This sucks big hairy balls" get about as much thought as what you put into them.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

jcox07 wrote:No it does not now, but I have been on streets and know what Jon's vette will be like. If any car with hp and it is not an awd has to be on street tires, it ain't gonna be fun.
I don't know, I kinda think mine is fun on the RS3's. :|

Maybe it's because I never played with the Hoosier crack. Or maybe at my age, my idea of fun is different! :?

:mrgreen:
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Paul, we are probably close in age, but once you get the crack you don't look back!!!!!!!!!!!My car is just down right eerie on street tires .
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

LOL! That's because you have enough horsepower to supply a backup generator for my nuclear plant! :D
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

I agree, Mark... just saying you like it or don't doesn't mean diddly.

Whether or not ANYONE agrees with your viewpoint or opinions on the subject, they are how YOU see it. Perception is a big thing in my book.

Other's have mentioned on other forums and it was a point to be made. No matter what the SEB decides, not everyone is going to be in love with it.

And Paul.... the next time I come down and run, you're driving the Z06 with me.
1) I owe you for letting me hop in last season
2) you really need to see what a difference real grip makes. :)

I agree that people just starting out and really want to learn should not just jump in and buy r-comps. They do hide allot of errors and can give you a false sense of awesomeness, but I think going from street tires to Rs makes a huge difference.

There's going to be allot of cars that aren't going to be as fun as they were this year, but like I've said... time will tell.
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

integra55 wrote:
ConeEater wrote:yes, that's my take. If you want to run R's you are in an SP class.

looks like next year it's 140TW tires for "Street" and 200TW for 2015.

and 200 TW for ST
I have not read any of this crap... yet.
But.. if ST goes to 200 tw,Ill drop my membership. All these folks that want to think that high tw is cheaper.. need to take up knitting.
If they want to run cheap tires..why dont they just run them... obviously they dont care if they are competitive or not.
I see this just like a work place.... there are 2 kinds of workers.. those that can quickly climb the ladder.. and those that pull the ones up above them down.

I know this makes some folks mad.. but if you are not serious enough to spend what it takes to get to your goals... you dont deserve to get there. I dont know how much simpler to put it. If your income does not allow you to reach your goals.. again, you might want to try another hobby...
Im not sure who decided that the SCCA has to appeal to every human being on the planet. I dont care for golf..lots of people do. But if I went and played a few games..and if I sucked (which I would) I dont thing Tiger Woods would be too happy if the Golf Association gave idiots like me a special handicap in order to match his scores.....especially,if I was using clubs purchased from the Goodwill down here in Farragut.... ya know?
:lol:
letter time...
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Very well Put John.
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing