2008 Mazda 3s sedan.
-90k miles
-5 speed
-gray exterior, black interior
-Koni “yellow” Sport shocks, otherwise bone stock
-1 owner
-free and clear title
-Asking price $6200

I purchased this car brand new from Mazda Knoxville in November 2007. I autocrossed it “seriously” while daily driving for about 2.5 years, then daily drove it until I bought my Nissan Frontier in June. I love the car and think it might be my best car purchase, I just don’t “need” it. I had a few issues with motor mounts while autocrossing on 245 Hoosiers, but other than that, the car has been perfectly reliable. I’ve averaged around 28-29 mpg mixed driving over the life of the car. I’ve gotten up to 37 mpg on flat land on the interstate.

The car had numerous top 5 PAXs at locals and a few trophies at deep national events. It weighed in the high 2600’s in HS trim. I think it will be an “okay” G Street car, and a good local one. I also think it is the car to have in STF. You can build a faster car than the current STF champ for under $10k including purchase price. If you wanted to compete and find value in my setup input, that will come free with the car. If you don’t want to autocross it, it is a fantastic daily driver.

The Bad
-The car was keyed when it was a few months old. It runs from the front fender to the back door on the driver side. I never touched it and no signs of rust or clearcoat peel. It isn’t noticeable from more than 2 parking spaces away.
-Slight hail damage on roof and trunk. Only noticeable from a few feet away.
-The car currently has a bad shimmy. I’ve been driving it like this for a while, but I think most people would want to fix this. I know the passenger side control arm bushing is bad.
-The tires aren’t great and the car needs alignment. I hadn’t bothered because I hadn’t replaced the control arm bushing.

I searched Autotrader last week and the cheapest 2.3 liter ’07-’09 Mazda 3 with under 100k miles and a clean title was listed at $8000. The rough trade in values are around $7000-7200. I’m asking $6200 for ETR members. Price will increase if I put time and money into freshening the front suspension and cleaning up the car.

I can put up pictures later.
Last edited by steverife on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
TennTechMan

Re: FS: 2008 Mazda 3s sedan

Post by TennTechMan »

That's a heck of a deal for someone needing a good, reliable car.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
backpacker6

Post by backpacker6 »

Want to sell the koni's? I can offer the stock replacement shocks/struts for trade plus some cash. Let me know....pm me. We can talk.
-Brian Darby

PSTS 8
91 Miata
steverife

Post by steverife »

'16 FRS - PSTX 97
steverife

Post by steverife »

Alright, I've had a handful of serious inquiries, but no one has stepped up to the plate.

In the next few days, I plan to step past friends and acquaintances and "go public". If anyone has any interest, let me know. :)
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
steverife

Post by steverife »

Sale pending.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97