Pelli Today

Discussions related to Solo
integra55

Re: Pelli Today

Post by integra55 »

1940 ... just wow ... I have had other scales (CMP) weigh me in at 2050 ... but no one believes those scales .. wonder where I can get the car weighed with a result I can be relatively sure would be accurate ?

I just figured that the Road Atlanta scales would/should be more accurate than the ones at CMP
Last edited by integra55 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
steverife

Post by steverife »

I think 2185 might be accurate. I don't know what all is done to your car. Do you have radio? A/C? How heavy is your battery? There is a lot of weight to be lost from header back. How much fuel can you run? I could run my '90 on E. I run my '89 at 3/4 or so to not have to worry about it. No front bar drops several pounds. Lighter wheels. Shaved tires.

...and that isn't getting into real detail oriented stuff or the custom stuff.

Besides, you make that big power for an A6 anyway. :)
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
integra55

Post by integra55 »

no radio/speakers, no AC, tiny battery, DC Sport2 header with "straight pipe" including resonator, and OEM cat, turn down at rear "axle", HF front bar... as for fuel, I try to run between 1/4 to 3/8 tank (though often it's more like 1/2), ..... the tires are usage shaved, LOL .. the rims are Rota Slipstreams (7 1/2") so yeah they could be lighter ....the "extremely optimistic" DynoCom pegged me at 118 whp and 117wtorque
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones

828-686-3245
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Don't a lot of truck stops have certified scales?

Edit: I just checked and there's a certified public scale at:
PILOT TRAVEL CENTER
GOV JOHN SEVIER HWY SE & NATIONAL DR
KNOXVILLE, TN 37914

There's even a certified public scale locator page: http://www.publicscaleslocator.com/
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

dewittpayne wrote:Don't a lot of truck stops have certified scales?

Edit: I just checked and there's a certified public scale at:
PILOT TRAVEL CENTER
GOV JOHN SEVIER HWY SE & NATIONAL DR
KNOXVILLE, TN 37914

There's even a certified public scale locator page: http://www.publicscaleslocator.com/
My understanding is that most truck scales have a +/- of several pounds, so may not have the accuracy one would typically like for a racecar that may be weighed to the nearest pound or fraction thereof.

So they're find if you're looking for a ballpark, but not so much if you're needing to confirm you meet a minimum competition weight.

Any commercial drivers on here who could confirm/deny?
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I would bet that the margin of error for a scale calibrated to weigh 80,000 pound rigs is great enough to be useless on a prepped Civic.
- Dave Disney
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

disneyd wrote:I would bet that the margin of error for a scale calibrated to weigh 80,000 pound rigs is great enough to be useless on a prepped Civic.
Also you may need to stand on said prepped Civic to see the control box...

We tried it once with the truck and trailer.

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
integra55

Post by integra55 »

I guess my mistaken idea of the weight of Miata's comes from seeing the posted weight for stripped out, full off "race cars" a la SM ... that weigh more than my CRX ... didn't realize how much ballast that they used ... total weight 2300 - 2400 depending on the yr and the motor ....

walter jones

828-686-3245