Newish to the area, not to Autocross, Where can I help?

Discussions related to Solo
benk

Newish to the area, not to Autocross, Where can I help?

Post by benk »

Hello fellow cone slayers. I'm Ben, moved to Knoxville last January however I didn't get to run in any of the events the past year since I was busy house shopping and such. I did get to come out and watch a Pellissippi event over the summer but I was only able to run one event last year and that was in Louisville KY. :x Either way, I've been an SCCA member for the past five years and have been autocrossing for longer than that. But I'm here now and am more than ready for the season to start. That all being said, Are there any aspects of the club that a new to the area member could assist with? Manual labor, timing (I do have experience with Axware if thats what the club uses), other miscellaneous tasks, whatever needs done I'd love to help with.

A bit more about me, my autocross car is a H-Stock 1994 Acura Integra LS. No mods other than the rust weight reduction and a set of r-comps. Nice weather daily driver is an e46 M3. I'm also into motorcycles (mine is currently in pieces in the garage). My co-habitating girlfriend is also wanting to come out and learn what our 2010 Subaru Impreza (not WRX) can do so she'll be out to what events she can make around work.

Anyways, long enough introduction for now and seriously, however I can help improve and innovate to make the sport more enjoyable let me know.
Ben Keefer
2011 WRX : STH
TedV

Re: Newish to the area, not to Autocross, Where can I help?

Post by TedV »

Welcome! Basically show up and we can find something for you to do. Our first rallyX for the year is this Sunday, our general business meeting is the first Tuesday of the month, and if you know axware, there should be a seat for you at registration and timing. :wink: :lol:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
benk

Post by benk »

OoOoOoh rallyx. I have wanted to but have yet to enjoy that experience. This Sunday huh, I may have to clear my schedule.

And yeah, not an expert with axware but I'm certainly familiar with it.
Ben Keefer
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Welcome Ben!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Welcome! Looks like we are becoming the region of transplants. You make the third SCCA member that has moved here from another region in the last year, and there should be another one coming later this year. :-)
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
NEVRLIFTLIN

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

Welcome Ben! Feel free to join us at the next meeting on Feb. 4th @ Calhoun's on Turkey Creek. Several of us get there about 6ish and have dinner/beer before the meeting....especially since I'm the secretary of the club. The meeting starts @ 7.
:eating:
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent
Social Director
Event Planner
🤗🐾🍺🚘🎵🏁
benk

Post by benk »

MARKP wrote:Welcome! Looks like we are becoming the region of transplants. You make the third SCCA member that has moved here from another region in the last year, and there should be another one coming later this year. :-)
Well everyone probably comes for the mild southern winter. What a fool I turned out to be!

Thanks for the info on the monthly business meeting. I'll have to put it into my calendar. Hopefully work won't get in the way and I'll remember. Ted, I'm still on the fence about this weekend's rallyx. I might come out and spectate/take pictures this round instead of actually running. I feel like there are some adjustments that I'll need to make to the Integra that I don't have to consider for autocross. Also I'm not going to commit to standing out in potentially sub freezing temperatures just yet. The dogs morning walks have been enough for me this week.
Ben Keefer
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

If you know axware, we'll find a spot for you. David Black (username here is "Jek") is taking up the lead this year on our computers/resigtration/timing stuff. I believe that we'll be having a small meeting sometime soon (before the first autox) to go over all of that, which we'll post here.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
benk

Post by benk »

Thanks Chris, I'll send him a PM.
Ben Keefer