91 MR2 Turbo V6

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
Tyler H

91 MR2 Turbo V6

Post by Tyler H »

Here is the ad from MR2OC. I'll can go a little less for ETR members.

Thanks,

Tyler
755-9592
I have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to buy another car and I need to make room for it quickly. If that deal falls through, this post is coming down.

I rescued this MR2 Turbo and installed a 1MZ-FE out of a 97 Avalon. The car is turn-key ready to drive anywhere. I frequently drive it on 300+ mile road trips and put 1500+ track miles on it in 100 degree heat last summer.

The whole swap progress is documented here:

http://www.mr2.com/forums/threads/79169 ... p-Progress

Video of the car in action at Atlanta Motorsports Park:

http://youtu.be/n_1nH_umqeU

Details:
1991 MR2 Turbo chassis with ~173k miles
1997 Avalon engine with a spry ~235k miles
1997 Camry 1MZ MT ECU (no AT codes)
Car has full emissions, with EGR, EVAP, cat, canister.
Extra 93+ rims with worn RS-3s and Star Specs
Extra set of ttops
Ttop shades and bags
Stock steering wheel / bag / radio
nearly new 1993+ front lip and all hardware (not installed)
Carbotech XP12/XP10 brake pads
Fidanza flywheel, Exedy clutch, ARP hardware

New:
Koni Sports
H&R Springs
Strut mounts / bellows
Balljoints
Strut rod bushings
Front Engine Mount (oem)
Rear engine mount (poly)
AEM FPR, all braided and AN plumbing
Canton 2Qt accusump, all braided an AN plumbing
New tires on 93+ rims
New brakes, rotors, calipers
New battery
New AC condenser, receiver / drier, R134-a manifolds. Blows 38 degree air!

I built a patch harness for the car, so that the stock wiring is unmodified should you want to swap another drivetrain. I have wiring diagrams and notes for the swap. I have a whole box of receipts and documentation of everything that's been done while I've had it.

The engine mileage is high. It doesn't smoke, tick, burn oil, knock, etc. It runs smooth, quiet and I'd take it anywhere.

The warts:
The paint is shot. It's been repainted and needs it again. The front bumper paint is the worst. It's had a light hit in the right front -- that fender doesn't have a VIN tag. There are light hail dings on the trunklid. There is a moderate ding the drivers door. The rest of the car is straight. The transmission shifts great all the time, but if you make a hamfisted downshift and miss the rev match by more than 2000rpm, it will make a clicking noise. If you were driving along at 55 and pressed in the clutch, let the engine fall to idle, put it in third and dump the clutch out, it makes a funky noise. I never do that and nobody should, but I know it is there and want to mention it. Hard to explain. The column clamshell is cracked and janky. I hit it with my knee the other day and it shattered.

Check my feedback. I undersell my stuff and the first person that drives this car will buy it at this price. I'm not going to toss out cliches, but I won't sell this car if I miss the other opportunity. This is my 14th MR2 and the best driving one I've had yet. It's not the prettiest, but it is fun and reliable.

$4,750

Album here:

http://imgur.com/a/SmDoG
Tyler H

Re: 91 MR2 Turbo V6

Post by Tyler H »

Pending sale
Tyler H

Re: 91 MR2 Turbo V6

Post by Tyler H »

Sold!