09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
dewittpayne

Re: A call for some specific volunteers

Post by dewittpayne »

CobraJim wrote:
thrdeye wrote:I would like to work under Jim as a novice gopher

I've got minions :lol2:
Is he high enough up the ladder yet to be a minion? I believe the order is henchmen, minions, flunkies, lackeys and toadies. I may have the order wrong on flunkies and lackeys, though.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Bumping this back up. We still need 4 volunteers. You don't necessarily need experience, just the willingness to take the bull by the horns and become the expert.

Registration
Grid
Equipment
Waivers and compliance
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

I don't think I want to be chief of registration, although minions do sound fun! But I am up for learning more on it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
Josh_McCRX

Post by Josh_McCRX »

I will take Chief of Grid if it's still needed and I am willing to learn several others to assist when needed.
Last edited by Josh_McCRX on Sun May 11, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh McCoig

1995 Honda Civic Si - STM/SMF 23
2004 Honda Element EX 4WD - Adventurer
Josh_McCRX

Post by Josh_McCRX »

Also, is their going to be someone separate to help new people figure out their classes like what was discussed in the meeting or will this be Chief of Registration's job?
Josh McCoig

1995 Honda Civic Si - STM/SMF 23
2004 Honda Element EX 4WD - Adventurer
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Thanks Josh! You are the Chief of Grid.

The Chief of Registration will be responsible for having someone available to answer those questions at registration.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

We still need a few volunteers. Here is an idea of good candidates for these if you are on the fence.

Registration - Someone with good organizational skills. Able to look at the current process and find ways to improve it. Need to be able to train people to get them up to speed on what needs to be done. Available to handle issues as they pop up.

Equipment - Someone with some electronics knowledge would be preferred but not necessarily required. Will definitely need to be sure batteries get charged, spares are available, and keep an inventory of timing equipment, radios to be sure that we have what we need at the event. Able to train minions on setup and teardown of the timing equipment and PA system.

Waivers and compliance - Someone able to order supplies (waiver forms, arm bands, etc) and train minions on who fills out what and makes sure everyone on site gets their signature on the waiver.

All three of these jobs are very important and we need someone to fill them. It's tough to run events if waivers don't get signed, equipment doesn't get hooked up, and nobody registers anyone. Thank you!!
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
Colt

Post by Colt »

I'm willing to help where needed. I should be at most of the Pellissippi events, but the others will be a hit or miss for me.
CJ Oldham
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

As my working duties entail I will be training ,why,what ,when and where things do and do not go at an event as unloaded from the trailer. What cables,boxes,batteries and hook ups go where and why and what sequence things go out to course and come back and all into the trailer. These sessions will be live, as in at the event of the day 0700 starting time.The course designer of the event should have a very close idea of where the start and finish will be so equipment can be preset and cables ran..This last fact will prevent being called to driver meeting while making second course walk or at least being able to get registered and have your car clear tech and be ready to run.With all that being said the return is,you get to watch up close the rest of the event and see how things happen . Most of you either run or work course so now there is behind the scene activity and shade, until take down.(goes faster than setup)Thanks.See ya at the next one!!
MARKP wrote:
oldmuscle69 wrote:OK
?

Sent from the Galaxy
Bob Colbert
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

I'm up for learning timing. I think I could help with tech as well if needed.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

That's two more off the list for chiefs. We need one more. Who would be good at organizing and streamlining registration. No experience needed, just the interest and skills to get things going and train a small group of people to handle things.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Working with Jim and novice
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
Jek

Post by Jek »

I thought I would be a good option for a chief, but I took a look at the schedule after our last meeting and I just have way too many conflicts between track events, family events, and two friends getting married on the west coast during this season! However, I'll be happy to spend as much time as is needed training the registration chief, and be a registration or timing minion when I do make it to events.

Its amazing how quickly your plans can go from "I think I'll be able to make almost every event" to "I might make a few"...hooray life heh.
David Black
Johnson City, TN
'97 BMW M3 - STU 48
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Still need a volunteer to be responsible for Registration. Kind of hard to run an event when we don't have a way to register them. :-)
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club