new site? new dates?

Discussions related to Rallycross
na6r

new site? new dates?

Post by na6r »

It would be nice to know whats going on without having to go to facebook....just say'n the region pays to keep this board up to disseminate information.
Pat
Found an MF car
integra55

Re: new site? new dates?

Post by integra55 »

not sure what your point is … this is one of the more active SCCA forums I visit ….
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
na6r

Post by na6r »

integra55 wrote:not sure what your point is … this is one of the more active SCCA forums I visit ….
it is for solo, not so much for RX.
Since I did post this in the RX section. I'm specifically addressing the BOD and RX chair. With open commentary to the RX population who do visit here. The bulk of ETR RX information is currently shared on FB via Richards, Smoky MTN rally car account. While it's awesome that Richard has spearheaded the program and made it into something. The FB "requirement" to get info makes it feel like it's an extra-regional event.

"I would think" region business pertaining to site acquisition and retention. Would be shared on the region site?
Why give all of those clicks to FB when it's our party?
Last edited by na6r on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pat
Found an MF car
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Brought this up at the last meeting, but didn't seem to make much of a difference. Sorry.

sent from typotalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

As a board member and a solo racer we are always looking for sites as the rally crew are always looking for sites, it is up to the rally guys to also post this NOT the board members.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
na6r

Post by na6r »

I'm not making an acusation.

An RX site was acquired and an event scheduled last week. There's been NO mention of it here on the (what I thought) was the official region communitation outlet.

I don't care if they want to talk smack on FB. I think it's a disservice to NOT post paralel info here. By whoever is supposed to. As long as the BOD is aware of the issue then it's handled.
Pat
Found an MF car
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Just looked at the rally schedule and it has the 5-18 event cancelled. Was not aware of a event last weekend and it is not on the sch. I would check with Richard.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
integra55

Post by integra55 »

na6r wrote:
integra55 wrote:not sure what your point is … this is one of the more active SCCA forums I visit ….
it is for solo, not so much for RX.
Since I did post this in the RX section. I'm specifically addressing the BOD and RX chair. With open commentary to the RX population who do visit here. The bulk of ETR RX information is currently shared on FB via Richards, Smoky MTN rally car account. While it's awesome that Richard has spearheaded the program and made it into something. The FB "requirement" to get info makes it feel like it's an extra-regional event.

"I would think" region business pertaining to site acquisition and retention. Would be shared on the region site?
Why give all of those clicks to FB when it's our party?
ok .. didn't understand … not on that FB site

+haven't been rx'ing, so haven't gotten involved
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones

828-686-3245
integra55

Post by integra55 »

going through this with another region .. they want to use the FB page as the principle info site … way too many of us aren't regular FB users (or even literate in FB LOL)

walter jones

828-686-3245
TedV

Post by TedV »

I have repeatedly pointed out the forum here as a better way to provide info in a manner it can be found than on FB. It looks like myself, David and Pat are the only people to look on this forum.

I'm sorry Pat. Its like trying to herd cats. :?

The event was listed as ON, then maybe not, then yes, then maybe, then yes. There are concerns the site is small and will be a tight technical course with only one car on course at a time. My statement is "cant keep jerking people around. A data has be set go with it." I won't post on the event until I am 100% sure it is lined up correctly.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will say that I hate FB, particularly as a way to disseminate business type information.
- Dave Disney
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Facebook is a great promo tool and has actually killed a lot of forums, but it should not be our main method of communication for official information.

What's even more frustrating with the Rally stuff though is that the page that makes the posts is "Smoky Mountain Rally Car" - and then usually the FB event page which doesn't necessarily indicate anything about ETRSCCA.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
na6r

Post by na6r »

thrdeye wrote:Facebook is a great promo tool and has actually killed a lot of forums, but it should not be our main method of communication for official information.

What's even more frustrating with the Rally stuff though is that the page that makes the posts is "Smoky Mountain Rally Car" - and then usually the FB event page which doesn't necessarily indicate anything about ETRSCCA.
thats pretty much what I'm saying.
Pat
Found an MF car
TedV

Post by TedV »

And its off..
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
gambit4000s

Post by gambit4000s »