A couple questions before the autox 6/22

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
beardedgc8

A couple questions before the autox 6/22

Post by beardedgc8 »

Okie dokie guys and gals. I have a few questions concerning the autocross tmrw at Pellissippi State. One, i dont have a front sway bar on my car but the endlinks are still there. One bolt on the endlink will not come out what so ever. Think itll be good enough for me to pass tech? Secondly, i drive a 00 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs with some suspension mods. They are as follows:

16 x 7 OEM Subaru RS Goldies
225/50 Hankook Ventus V2
Black Gorilla Splined Lug Nuts
20-24mm Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
Subaru STi 4 Pot Front Brakes
Subaru STi 2 Pot Rear Brakes
2 Pot Brake Adapters
ATE TYP200 Brake Fluid
SuperPro 30mm Steering Rack Bushings
1-1/16" ABS SVX Master Cylinder
Single Stage Brake Booster

I am just wondering what class i should run? Thanks for all your help.
TennTechMan

Re: A couple questions before the autox 6/22

Post by TennTechMan »

STM allows unlimited mods, as long as you're running greater than 140 treadwear tires. You're definitely legal there, and several other Subaru's run that class as well.

I think you might also fit in STC. Participation in that class can be hit or miss. Sometimes there are a couple that run it, sometimes no one runs it.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
beardedgc8

Post by beardedgc8 »

TennTechMan wrote:STM allows unlimited mods, as long as you're running greater than 140 treadwear tires. You're definitely legal there, and several other Subaru's run that class as well.

I think you might also fit in STC. Participation in that class can be hit or miss. Sometimes there are a couple that run it, sometimes no one runs it.
awesome thanks man!, Im trying to find some lugs nuts now cause it seems im missing one on a wheel. :(
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

What thread size/pitch/seat? Don't let that stop you from showing up. Someone will have a lug nut for you. Worst case, you can probably run out to a parts store sometime between registration and running cars.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
beardedgc8

Post by beardedgc8 »

TennTechMan wrote:What thread size/pitch/seat? Don't let that stop you from showing up. Someone will have a lug nut for you. Worst case, you can probably run out to a parts store sometime between registration and running cars.
yea i got some lug nuts but now my problem is that my front sway bar isnt connected to my endlinks. The bolt holding one of the endlinks is really seized up and will not budge. There is no possible way id pass tech with endlinks and sway just sitting there?
integra55

Post by integra55 »

don't see why a disconnected sway bar will cause you to fail tech … as long as it doesn't interfere with the suspension … no problem
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245