Rockwood

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

John Brown wrote:<<<<<SIDE NOTE>>>>>>>
Dave Disney..........I forgot to tell you before I left,and it may not be correct but,the only time I smelled fuel was when you car was near me in grid... might want to check it out.

jb
I think it had something to do with the vapor vent canister in the rear of the car... maybe caused by the heat and almost literally running on fumes (probably had a couple of gallons in the tank). I couldn't smell any in the engine compartment and all the lines were dry. The only time I smelled it was under the right rear of the car where that canister is (couldn't find anything dripping, no spots under the car). Filled it up on the way home and never smelled fuel again. I'll have to jack it up and look at that canister more closely.

Points should be updated some time this morning.

I didn't notice any bumps at all... I think there must have been some certain spring rate that once you crossed it the bumps became a problem.
- Dave Disney
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

In the Mini, I felt the bumbs at two spots, mostly in the rear of the car though.

Curt, so Heather has a good shot at being a better autocrosser than you! How strong is your ego? :twisted: Had she been a little closer to the cones yesterday, her time would have been better.

If there is enough interest in the ladies pax class, why not add a class? Ladies speak-up.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

CABoegemann wrote:Tim, thanks for letting me drive your car again. You will be real hard to beat in HS. You need to go to Nationals next year. Seriously. I'd like to see what that thing would do with a set of Konis and the camber bolts. MINI's can't get camber. They won't dominate HS stock next year. $.02

Congrats to Brian Walker. He kicked our a_s reeeaal good.
Thanks for changing my tires, Curt! My back doesn't feel nearly as bad today as it could have if I did that myself.

I doubt the minivan will go to HS if all the Minis become DS cars. Oh well. I really should do camber bolts and shocks if I hold on to the car though.

I'd like to protest Brian Walker's 240 (just kidding). It just shouldn't be that fast. Or maybe I shouldn't be that slow!!!! :oops: Congratulations, Brian. I wish I saw your fastest run. What all do you have done to that car? You killed everyone else in GS - again!
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
tscott

Post by tscott »

Cool event. I saw a lot of cameras out there. Does someone have some pics to post up?
Tyler Scott
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Chris,
Great course - fast as hell places, but technical in others. It seemed to have something for everyone. I didn't notice the bumps, but I am on a stock suspension w/ 50K miles on it. I definately didn't like the heat (and neither did my car) :( , but it was a great event overall.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

scottgib wrote:Curt, so Heather has a good shot at being a better autocrosser than you! How strong is your ego? :twisted: Had she been a little closer to the cones yesterday, her time would have been better.
You never know who is going to be fast. It takes a while. I really enjoy watching new people getting faster. I would not like to get beat by her. I am fully aware of the consequences. It would be horrible. On the other hand, when my 8 year old little girl grows up and beats me I can see being proud enough to hide the pain. Kinda like Lee did when Tegan beat up on him. :lol:

Lee doesn't read this, does he :?:
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who made my first event such a blast! I had more fun than I thought was legally possible. I want to give a special thanks to Dave Yoder and Gary Cobble for being so nice to me and helping me though the day. The couse was a ton of fun but only served to reinforce what I already knew. My car is slower than Christmas. Then again, I don't think anyone at Mercedes ever intended for their cars to be autocrossed. :D I actually heard Chris snicker when one of my times was being announced. That's alright though. I had a freakin' blast. Even though I'm pretty sure that I was on the virge of a heat stroke on the grid. Thanks for such a great time guys!

P.S. : FOR SALE: '89 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.6
Stephen Wilson

John Brown

Post by John Brown »

no no no Stev-o...I remember that...I had actually walked up to the timing tent and told Chris,"watch this" I'm fixin to put a chappin on ole Roberts a$$......
:wink: :wink:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Suuuuuuuurrrrrreeeeee.... It's ok. I can handle it!

Oh actually I do have about 50 pics or so but you guys'll have to wait a few days before I can get em up. I'm moving on the 20th so you'll have to wait at least until then. Lot's of Chris' WRX, Few of the Evo 8 MR, Rx-7, MG, Vette, Cobra, Z06, one LOUD ass Vee Dub as well as plenty of assorted random shots.
Stephen Wilson

scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Welcome Steve-O :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really doubt anyone was snickering at your car. It doesn't compare to some we have seen autocross.

Warning -- This sport is addictive.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

scottgib wrote:I really doubt anyone was snickering at your car. It doesn't compare to some we have seen autocross.
Yea really! There is this white crx with black wheels and roll cage that comes out from time to time. That car is a PIECE....and so is the driver!! :lol:
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

Steve-O: Personally, I thought seeing that Merc rolling around out there was pretty cool. But I'm pretty partial to heavy 4-doors. :wink:
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I was probably snickering at some comment that Tyler or Shawn Gebbia made. I didn't have room to laugh at anyone yesterday if you review the results.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

TonyBolton wrote:There is this white crx with black wheels and roll cage that comes out from time to time. That car is a PIECE....and so is the driver!! :lol:
You better watch out. I hear he has some sort of special low-restriction Tokico shocks on it. I also heard him say Mustangs suck. :roll: :lol:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
MishL

Post by MishL »

scottgib wrote:In the Mini, I felt the bumbs at two spots, mostly in the rear of the car though.

Curt, so Heather has a good shot at being a better autocrosser than you! How strong is your ego? :twisted: Had she been a little closer to the cones yesterday, her time would have been better.

If there is enough interest in the ladies pax class, why not add a class? Ladies speak-up.
I think I would like to have a ladies pax class. I think it would be more competive among the women, plus it might entice more women to race, rather than sitting on the sidelines. Just my 2 Cents.
now that I'm not working 2 jobs, hopefully I can make it to more events.

I think yesterday was the 1st time I had ever squealed my tires..Course was fun... other than those darn cones..

-Mish