Dothan Role Call

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
valleyvwman

Post by valleyvwman »

you boys make a good showin' down there, you hear?
Greg Fetner
Lou Don, TN
'87 944 E/S
'86 944 turbo F'N/Mod
assorted others

Daddy was a mechanic...It would have been nice if he was a doctor, but, then, we probably would have been 'sick' all the time instead of wrenchin' on these cars...
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

valleyvwman wrote:you boys make a good showin' down there, you hear?
That's the plan! :D

Hopefully, we won't get blown away by the hurricane. :evil:

Tony, are you sure you don't want to go? It might be your kind of weather! :shock: :lol:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

It looks like that Hurricane might be headin that way on Sunday. Bring your rain tars.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

MARKP wrote:Tony, are you sure you don't want to go? It might be your kind of weather! :shock: :lol:
As much as I love to drive 5hrs(or so) to autox, especially with emminent rain, I'll hafta pass on this one.
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

thrdeye wrote:It looks like that Hurricane might be headin that way on Sunday. Bring your rain tars.
I hope it doesn't rain too much. My rain tires are my street tires!
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

GOOD LUCK RACERS :!: I know the ETR will be well represented as always.

Do they have a John Boat Class :?: :D
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
TedV

Post by TedV »

thrdeye wrote:It looks like that Hurricane might be headin that way on Sunday. Bring your rain tars.
Have my old crappy Dirt Stockers loaded up.. :twisted:

just my luck... car has the most HP it's ever had... and I aint gonna be able to use it... :( :lol:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

TedV wrote:.. and I aint gonna be able to use it... :( :lol:
Now you know how I feel. :)
steverife

Post by steverife »

well?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Dothan is toasty warm in August

Post by MARKP »

I have name plates for Jason Collett and Shawn Gebbia. Those were the only ones I saw there when I registered.

The courses were fun but they were a little tighter than what you would expect. They have a decent size chunk of concrete down there to run on surrounded by asphalt. Since the helicopters seem to practice sliding to a stop on the asphalt, I don't think they use that section for the course. It is polished. The concrete is similar to what you would find at Toledo. Very smooth and dusty. Since it is older, it is also a tire eater. The fronts on the Celica are pretty much done and there were a lot of other cars that corded tires. Robert had big chunks of cord after just the first day.

ETR represented well, Doug, Robert, and I all won. Tim Engle ended up third, I think. Ted ended up second doing well on the second day when he figured out how to make the car stop.

We were done at 1pm, Dothan time, on Sunday. No breaks in the event in order to get done before the rain started. Sunday was actually pretty nice with a good breeze blowing all day.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
mrsoul55

Re: Dothan is toasty warm in August

Post by mrsoul55 »

MARKP wrote:I have name plates for Jason Collett and Shawn Gebbia. Those were the only ones I saw there when I registered.

The courses were fun but they were a little tighter than what you would expect. They have a decent size chunk of concrete down there to run on surrounded by asphalt. Since the helicopters seem to practice sliding to a stop on the asphalt, I don't think they use that section for the course. It is polished. The concrete is similar to what you would find at Toledo. Very smooth and dusty. Since it is older, it is also a tire eater. The fronts on the Celica are pretty much done and there were a lot of other cars that corded tires. Robert had big chunks of cord after just the first day.

ETR represented well, Doug, Robert, and I all won. Tim Engle ended up third, I think. Ted ended up second doing well on the second day when he figured out how to make the car stop.

We were done at 1pm, Dothan time, on Sunday. No breaks in the event in order to get done before the rain started. Sunday was actually pretty nice with a good breeze blowing all day.
I ended up 3rd out of only 4 cars in GS! :cry: And I corded a tire! :cry:
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Congrats to everybody.

Mark, did any past winners show up in GS? Did you clinch the SE?

Tim, can't believe you corded one to. Your tires were in great shape after Rockwood.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

CABoegemann wrote:Congrats to everybody.

Mark, did any past winners show up in GS? Did you clinch the SE?

Tim, can't believe you corded one to. Your tires were in great shape after Rockwood.
They are in not so great shape now. I hope I can get some here and mounted before this weekend or at least next weekend. I really want to do that PCA event at Rockwood.
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
TedV

Post by TedV »

yup, I was 2nd. behind Brian Flanagans BMW. I trashed my fronts there

I have name plates for Blanton, Tony, and not not sure who else. I'll bring em to the meeting next week.

"huuk up a chef mang"
:lol2:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
steverife

Post by steverife »

TedV wrote:yup, I was 2nd. behind Brian Flanagans BMW. I trashed my fronts there

I have name plates for Blanton, Tony, and not not sure who else. I'll bring em to the meeting next week.

"huuk up a chef mang"
:lol2:
who was driving flanagan's car?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97