Hello All

Discussions related to Solo
sw20

Hello All

Post by sw20 »

Hello ETRSCCA members! Thank you for allowing me to join the forum. I am very interested in becoming a member and doing auto cross solo. I have a 1991 toyota MR2 with aproximately 300WHP. I was wondering what car classification that would put me in? Also, if you guys have any other info people tend to miss as a newbie feel free to let me know!

I look forward to becoming a member.

Thanks!

Michael
Michael Acero
-1991 SW20 MR2
flier129

Re: Hello All

Post by flier129 »

Welcome Michael! Check out http://www.etrscca.org/solo/beginners-checklist/ for tips. There's actually an event this weekend at Pellissippi State... http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/etr ... BDNzfldV8E When you get to registration(the white trailer) you can sign up for a weekend membership, which saves you money... I think you get that first event for free, could be wrong. That's definitely the way to go though. When you do signup for it, you're encouraged to use member number: 402102 as a reference :lol:

What tires are you running on your MR2? Does it have the stock turbo? It can be placed in a few different classes.....

STM if you have over 140tw tires, any other mod doesn't matter. It's a local catch-all class and our most popular. It has a large variety of other cars to run against.
SSM if you're on r-comps and have your stock interior. Other mods you have are likely legal, it's heavily modified class.
BSP if you have the stock turbo. R-comps are typical and the rules are tighter than SSM.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
TedV

Post by TedV »

Welcome! :rockon:

I think Marcus left out part of his message. You can do a weekend membership which is $15 over the member price. Or if you join SCCA we have in the past given the first event free and you don't have to pay the weekend membership $15 each event. SCCA dues are $80ish so if you do more than 4 events a year it pays for itself.

Have fun, If you have any questions at the event ask someone in an ETR T-shirt. they have been running enough to win an event and if they can't answer your question they can point you in the right direction towards someone who might be able to.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »

welcome Michael;
I'm Jim your local novice chief. I'll be at Pelli this sunday in the grey cobra kit car, If you're planning on coming out to play; please come find me when you get there and I'll be happy to walk you through the process of getting signed in, teched and then we'll go check out the course. Sounds like you have a great car for this; you'll have a ball
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Welcome!!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
NEVRLIFTLIN

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

Welcome! Hope to see you on 9/14 @ Pelli! :D
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent
Social Director
Event Planner
🤗🐾🍺🚘🎵🏁
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

What Jim said... we're here to help and we'll do or best to make sure you have fun and learn at the same time.

There are three of us that handle novices and I can be found near a yellow corvette covered in stickers.. Lol.

As long as we're not strapping a helmet on to drive we're normally able to help you out. If we can't, we'll find someone to help you.

Edited for typing errors and bad grammar stuff
Last edited by ConeEater on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Who hijacked Brian's post....lol
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
TedV

Post by TedV »

jcox07 wrote:Who hijacked Brian's post....lol
"Thanks auto corrupt! I mean correct." :?
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

This is why you shouldn't check the internets while you're working.

Lol
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
sw20

Post by sw20 »

flier129 wrote:Welcome Michael! Check out http://www.etrscca.org/solo/beginners-checklist/ for tips. There's actually an event this weekend at Pellissippi State... http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/etr ... BDNzfldV8E When you get to registration(the white trailer) you can sign up for a weekend membership, which saves you money... I think you get that first event for free, could be wrong. That's definitely the way to go though. When you do signup for it, you're encouraged to use member number: 402102 as a reference :lol:

What tires are you running on your MR2? Does it have the stock turbo? It can be placed in a few different classes.....

STM if you have over 140tw tires, any other mod doesn't matter. It's a local catch-all class and our most popular. It has a large variety of other cars to run against.
SSM if you're on r-comps and have your stock interior. Other mods you have are likely legal, it's heavily modified class.
BSP if you have the stock turbo. R-comps are typical and the rules are tighter than SSM.
I am running an aftermarket turbo and have 245's in the rear and 225's in the front. I will definitely be there tomorrow and look forward to it!
Michael Acero
-1991 SW20 MR2
sw20

Post by sw20 »

Thanks all! I am already ready to go for tomorrow and will see you guys out there.
Michael Acero
-1991 SW20 MR2