Regional #8 Results Posted

Discussions related to Solo
TASimon

Re: Regional #8 Results Posted

Post by TASimon »

garkit wrote:Thomas Simon GS 6 awesome 5th run for the fastest stock time.
Thanks for the compliment. A couple of reruns and then turning off the nannies for the final run really helped.

Seeya,
Tom Simon
2014 Focus ST - GS
2005 Corvette Z51 - SSP
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

You both rock for getting these results back to life. Thanks Chris and Michelle.
Bob Colbert
John_Kernodle

Post by John_Kernodle »

oldmuscle69 wrote:You both rock for getting these results back to life. Thanks Chris and Michelle.
+1 Thanks!
John P. Kernodle
2010 MX-5 Miata
http://jpkernodle.zenfolio.com/
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Update. JY did some work on the audit sheets.

Scott, we found a time for you of 45.029 on the audit sheet.

According to the audit sheet, there were a few times missing from run group 1, but none of them would have changed anyone's fastest time.

EXCEPT for Lin - STS 96. The audit sheet shows that she has one clean run, a 42.503. It was recorded as a 42.503 +1 in Axware. Can someone that was working timing remember anything about that? Lin, you have a comment? Did you get a clean run? Bob, Walter?

I can see how audit would miss a penalty on their hand written stuff easier than I can see the Axware operator misplacing a penalty, but I'm open to discussion.

Reclassed the #88/188 350zed to STU

STM 135 Tom Clanton - Changed 48.813 to 43.813

Any other issues would not have effected fastest times/class winner. There were situations where there was a time recorded in Axware that just didn't make it onto the written audit for whatever reason. Maybe auditor missed the car, got behind, etc. If something was in the computer, but not on the audit sheet, this isn't really a big deal, it just means the auditor may have been napping.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Results files have been updated. Again, please CTRL+F5 when on the results page to make sure you pull the most recent file.
Chris Harp
integra55

Post by integra55 »

Chris, I don't have any recollection of any of our groups runs … we didn't grid according to class at this event, so I was WAY removed from Mike, Lin, and Bob

I do appreciate the work it's taken to get this done
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
steverife

Post by steverife »

thrdeye wrote:Update. JY did some work on the audit sheets.

Scott, we found a time for you of 45.029 on the audit sheet.

According to the audit sheet, there were a few times missing from run group 1, but none of them would have changed anyone's fastest time.

EXCEPT for Lin - STS 96. The audit sheet shows that she has one clean run, a 42.503. It was recorded as a 42.503 +1 in Axware. Can someone that was working timing remember anything about that? Lin, you have a comment? Did you get a clean run? Bob, Walter?

I can see how audit would miss a penalty on their hand written stuff easier than I can see the Axware operator misplacing a penalty, but I'm open to discussion.

Reclassed the #88/188 350zed to STU

STM 135 Tom Clanton - Changed 48.813 to 43.813

Any other issues would not have effected fastest times/class winner. There were situations where there was a time recorded in Axware that just didn't make it onto the written audit for whatever reason. Maybe auditor missed the car, got behind, etc. If something was in the computer, but not on the audit sheet, this isn't really a big deal, it just means the auditor may have been napping.
Cathers was on the computer and I was on audit from heat 1. I want to say that Lin coned each run, but I don't have a strong recollection. We had to totally trust the radios and that wasn't always clear or easy to hear.

I almost hate to say this after all the trailer placement talk, but audit is a lot tougher when you have your back to the course. I never really found a system where I could make sure the time matched the car and computer results matched that. I'd try to periodically look over my shoulder on course to make sure we weren't totally off pace, then I would have to play catch up on my sheet.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

(Probably) never going to be a perfect solution at PSCC, but it's still imperative that the person staging cars see the staging lane. To make sure that the course can always be seen by audit would require some modification to the trailer. Perhaps adding some sort of collapsable table at the back door would help for those tricky situations. For this particular course, that would have been the ideal place to be. The other option would be to add some sliding windows all around the front where we keep the wire spools, similar to the national trailer.

Also, another issue will be if we ever go to the farmtek system or axware box, audit is not going to have a timing box to look at and it will be impossible to get the cars time written down. So, we'll have to come up with something different. On the flipside of that, going wireless would allow us to put the trailer almost anywhere to get the best view of start and course.
Chris Harp
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Then by all means we need to go wireless. I will go to the board forum and make a motion that we buy wireless.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
steverife

Post by steverife »

I worked T&S at the last Chatt event. They don't use a timing display box. I didn't love it. I'm not sure if you can customize it, but retaining the previous time for a few seconds would be super nice.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

steverife wrote:I worked T&S at the last Chatt event. They don't use a timing display box. I didn't love it. I'm not sure if you can customize it, but retaining the previous time for a few seconds would be super nice.
Yep, I don't like it either. I ran Chatt's timing and ATL was the same way.
Chris Harp
TedV

Post by TedV »

The farmtek has the option for large display, I don't see why a small one for inside the trailer couldn't be made. Or, won't it display on the screen? Might have to crowd up in personal space of the timing operator and the audit person tho.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

picked up 7 tenths on my last run? that doesnt seem that unusual. First two runs were kind of ugly.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

ke0ki2k wrote:picked up 7 tenths on my 5th (3rd) run? that doesnt seem that unusual. First two runs were kind of ugly.

fixed that for ya James... :lol:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

TedV wrote:The farmtek has the option for large display, I don't see why a small one for inside the trailer couldn't be made. Or, won't it display on the screen? Might have to crowd up in personal space of the timing operator and the audit person tho.
You jogged my memory. There is a box. It's about 5x7 in. It's used to manually stop and reset the timer. It was confusing to me, but I probably just need some practice.
Chris Harp