Introducing your new RE and 2015 leadership

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
thrdeye

Introducing your new RE and 2015 leadership

Post by thrdeye »

Hi everyone. As you know, I did not accept a nomination for RE this year. First, let me say thanks to everyone that has supported the region over the past three years that I've been Regional Exec. It's been fun. It's been a learning experience. But most of all it has been rewarding seeing our region flourish despite the limitations we have with getting great autocross sites. As I have traveled to many regions throughout the years, I can say with confidence that we run some of the best events I've been to, especially for a regiona of our size. We're our own worst critics, and that makes us good.

Now, on to the reason for this thread.

Mark Pilson will be the new RE for ETRSCCA starting in 2015. If you've been around at all, you know Mark. He's been with ETR for longer then I even know. He's been instrumental in helping our solo program throughout the years, but has really put in a lot of work over the last couple of years to get us where we are.

Also, welcome back Scott Gibson into the role of Treasurer. He's worked very hard to get us all squared up with the IRS, and we are ever so close having that monkey off of our back. Without him, it would not have happened.

As for the rest of the team, it hasn't changed much, with one exception. Welcome Brian Robbins to the ETRSCCA Board of Directors. I have to personally thank Brian for the effort that he and Ariel have made to help the club with timing and registration tasks. I've never seen a first-year member turn it on like he has.

As for me, I'm still around. I plan on racing a LOT next year. I'll step in where necessary to help Mark with RE stuff or Scott with treasurer stuff. We also have much to be done with regard to timing for next year...and of course there's always website stuff that needs to be done.

To recap, here's the official 2015 leadership, which will be effective new year's day. Again, I truly appreciate the efforts and sacrifice of the folks listed below. Without them, we would not be doing what we do.

Regional Executive
Mark Pilson

Treasurer
Scott Gibson

Secretary
Linda Cox

Board
Dave Yoder
John Brown
Mike Kelly
Ryan Jarrard
Jeff "JY" Cox
Brian Robbins
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Mike Burke

Re: Introducing your new RE and 2015 leadership

Post by Mike Burke »

Hello,

Congratulations to the Club's newly elected officers! Thank you for being willing to serve, and best wishes for collective and personal accomplishments toward continuing ETR's successful activities.

Also, a large JOB WELL DONE salute to the 2014 officers especially Chris Harp, for working together to make ETR a Region of which I am very proud to belong!

Mike Burke
Member #51644
Asheville
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Excellent job Chris!

It looks like the ETR is still in the right hands...
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Congrats to the new team! (and thanks for all the great effort of the previous leaders)
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Thank you for the kind words, Chris, and others. Chris has done an excellent job as RE over the past three years. I'm sure I have big shoes to fill (he is a little taller than me). :-). I hope to be able to continue the progress we have made with the Solo program and hope that we can grow the other programs as well. I'm looking forward to a great 2015.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Thanks Chris....best wishes to all the elected officers for 2015 it will be a great ETR year.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

Thanks for the kind words Chris and thank you ETR for a great first season and the chance to serve on the board. I can't wait for next season!
Brian Robbins
XP 45
Les

Post by Les »

2015 RE
Mark Pilson!
Yeah!
djrogers1

Post by djrogers1 »

Thanks to Chris and all the other leaders. This is a well-run organization.
Dave Rogers
2006 Porsche Cayman S #13
2011 Porsche Cayman S #13
2016 Mustang GT #3
2018 BMW 340i X-drive #3
2022 Mustang Mach 1 #3