Scooters Used for Course Walk?

Discussions related to Solo
integra55

Re: Scooters Used for Course Walk?

Post by integra55 »

I wasn't pointing at you Scott… but at another region, the course designer makes several full bore (or nearly full bore) runs … along with the SS …. doesn't affect me since we'er in different classes, and I couldn't care less about PAX … but I know it's PO'ed a few folk
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

TedV wrote:
Teufelshund wrote:
TedV wrote:What needs repaired on the Segway?
I'm not exactly sure. It just won't start up.
As I find my way to forums.segwaychat.org.. Looks like it could be several things from contacts at connectors needing cleaned, disconect things and reconnect to reset, battery's going had, finicky key contacts, electronic boards too cold, controls not centered, error codes?? Lots of reading to be found there. Might be something simple. I would offer to help but not sure how much I could help beyond I know a little more about electronics than the average car guy. How close is a service center? I'm guessing Atlanta?
Supposedly there' one in Pidgeon Forge. I've already had the batteries off and the contacts looked fine but I should probably clean them anyway. I haven't spent much time on it. Thanks for the forum address. I'll get on there and see what I can find.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
steverife

Post by steverife »

At walking speed, anything other than walking is probably a disadvantage.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Brian....here's the information it's near The Old Mill

Segway® of Pigeon Forge is a full service Segway® Authorized Dealer and our Certified Level 2 Service Center is the highest level available and can handle almost any repair needed for all Segway® PT models, regardless of age. That means that we can do everything from program a new InfoKey to replacement of radio boards and power supplies to changing out gear boxes. We provide you with up-to-date product support information and our certified technicians can perform necessary maintenance or component replacements. We accept warranty service work, installment of authorized Segway® accessories, or repair of damaged units. Regardless of whether you purchased your unit with us, be sure to call and ask questions about your Segway® problem now at (865) 774-1125.

If a return to Segway® Corporate Service is required for the repair, we will handle the packing and shipping as well as all communications with the corporate staff. We are Segway® PT experts and are dedicated and committed to excellent customer service.

Service Hours

Sunday: Closed

Monday thru Friday: 9 am. to 6 pm.

Saturday: By appointment only
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Brian...I wanted to let you know after reading the posts both here and at CRSCCA (Chatt Group) I bought my scooter. It's an eZip 1000. I got a great deal $265 like new 10 hours use older man (Also a Vietnam Vet) and wife will post picture later. I wanted to let you know he has one more $265. I didn't know how much it would cost to fix your segway and these are nice scooters for the money. If you would like more info let me know.
Paul Breitweiser
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

scottgib wrote:I am obviously one that goes over the line on this rule as a SS, as occasionally course designers also do. I do it for a couple of reasons 1. To see the course from a SS perspective - Generally I go very slow and really pay no attention to a good line. The only places I will go faster is where there is a safety question. Also, the course designer is usually with me. Seeing the course from a car is more important at PSCC than most sites. 2. I have a metal & plastic knee that has a couple of problems and I usually only walk the course once and then run it mentally while standing where that I can see the course.

Should anyone think they may beat me in my class when they wouldn't if I didn't perform a course inspection (and test problem areas) I will not do it. I think someone should look at the course however, especially at sites where there are potential problems.
Having competed against you, I never had a problem with you doing it.

Being a guy that drives a high hp car with (formerly) shitty brakes, I usually appreciate the course designer or SS taking may car around. When it doesn't happen, I usually end up with too short a finish and this happens:

Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

Gen52SS wrote:Brian...I wanted to let you know after reading the posts both here and at CRSCCA (Chatt Group) I bought my scooter. It's an eZip 1000. I got a great deal $265 like new 10 hours use older man (Also a Vietnam Vet) and wife will post picture later. I wanted to let you know he has one more $265. I didn't know how much it would cost to fix your segway and these are nice scooters for the money. If you would like more info let me know.
Thanks! I'll contact them about my Segway and I hope to get it fixed. If not, I'll look into a scooter
Brian Robbins
XP 45
SeanDrives4Fun

Post by SeanDrives4Fun »

And I suggest you jump in and ride with anyone in your run group who is happy to accomidate. I suggest this of everyone, and it is legal (as long as your back to your car for your turn!)
Things go by lot slower in the passenger seat.
Rally Boss
integra55

Post by integra55 »

depends on the region … one of the regions were I run, get all butthurt if you ride before you compete
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Yeah, most regions don't like that. In Pro, it's best to talk to your competition about it first. For regular classes, it's not as big a deal.

Sent from the Galaxy.
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

And if you can do it in your own run group, as Sean suggested, by jumping into a car at the opposite end of your grid, there shouldn't be any issues regionally. I wouldn't suggest in Nationally.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Since I plan on attending my first Match Tour in May at National Corvette Museum I sent an email to SCCA/Solo just to clear this up before I reserve a room for the weekend. I don't want to piss anybody off either.

"Brian ...I just finished your video and read rules on the Match Tour for 2015. This will be my first experience attending a match tour in May at National Corvette Museum. My question before I commit is my disability. I’m a 100% disabled Vietnam Veteran I have the documentation to bring with me. I would like to use a small electric (ezip 1000) scooter to get me around the paddock and also used to do the course walk (at walking pace) I plan to use it at my local and regional events in 2015. I believe the SCCA rules say I can use one. I have heard from some people that I’d better check because some competing drivers don’t like riding any wheeled vehicles on the course walks. How does SCCA come down with this rule and how will it be addressed for this event?"

ANSWER:

Hi, Paul,

"We have quite a few folks that are disabled and need some sort of assistance when it comes to course walks. Things like scooters, bicycles and golf karts are used by those folks at a walking pace. Before that can happen the Chief Steward must approve of it. This will be easy to approve once we know who the Chief Steward will be. Since we are still a little over 5 months from the event we won’t know that for at least a couple more months. Even if we don’t know it until the Friday of the event we can easily and quickly get you approved.

Basically there won’t be any problem with this as long as the speeds on the scooter are kept to a walking pace (more than likely exactly how your region will handle it)."

Brian Harmer
Rally/Solo Program Manager
Paul Breitweiser