Solo Winter Track X NCM Roadcourse

Discussions related to Solo
Gen52SS

Solo Winter Track X NCM Roadcourse

Post by Gen52SS »

This events sounds great but for the fact of doing this in the winter. Bowling Green temps for the 10th is 41 degrees high and low 30's. So far they have ZERO entries? I just watched on MAVTV last night the Optima series auto x done on Road America Course. I'd like to try an autocross event on a road course.

NCM Motorsports Park
Saturday, January 10, 2015
NCM Motorsport Park, Bowling Green, KY

Registration ends in 7 days on January 9, 2015 11:59 PM EST

The Track X program is a winter driving event that the NCM MSP is very excited to introduce! This activity takes place in an autocross-type environment, with coned gates and dedicated start to finish timing, but on the racetrack! It will be an open event, with no class structure – just run what ya brung, high speed fun! Runs will be timed. The event will be rescheduled if forecasted weather is threating. We will watch the weather and do our best to make a weather call early.

We have had so much interest that we decided to open up preregistration!

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/nc ... KlGaCw5CM8
Last edited by Gen52SS on Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Personally, I don't think id do a track day there. The walls look too close, imo.
SeanDrives4Fun

Re: Solo Winter Track X NCM Roadcourse

Post by SeanDrives4Fun »

have a link?
Rally Boss
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

When Mitch was running my old track ( Beaverun ) where we did events, we started doing those trackcrosses there. They have been a HUGE success there. So much so, that they took over running them instead of the region.
We DID have more runoff than the NCM has though. I think for single cars and HPDE events the NCM is going to be fine. They never designed it for passing/wheel-to-wheel type stuff, so I think that helps to keep people from going crazy on the course.

I'll let you know after memorial day about how scary it is on the track. I'm doing an event on the track with the NCCC. Their high speed events are similar to a track-X but without cones to reign you in.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Central Carolina Region had an event at Carolina Motorsports Park last year on Memorial Day that was laid out on part of the circuit. Not much in the way of walls there.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

I don't think cmp is as narrow( in regards to run of room ) as the ncm track. They were both laid out with different goals I would say.

I've had a few people comment that they wouldn't recommend the ncm for someone who's never been on track before only because it's not as forgiving as places like putnum park. They said the dad's thing for road Atlanta as well.

That being said... I think the track cross is a different animal and shouldn't be an issue. I would definitely be taking it slow the first couple runs tip see what it is like
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

Sounds awesome but that's a long way to the event.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
integra55

Post by integra55 »

dewittpayne wrote:Central Carolina Region had an event at Carolina Motorsports Park last year on Memorial Day that was laid out on part of the circuit. Not much in the way of walls there.
the front straight there is the only place that the course designers have to be careful about … the pit wall is pretty close to the track …so the design is such the there aren't many elements on the front straight … just hammer time to the first corner

though there was an Asheville guy that managed to slide along the tire wall between T13 and T14 several yrs ago … no real damage ..it all buffed out

and it isn't on the schedule for '15, even though the track is already paid for … (Mon is included in their rental for Memorial weekend)
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

I would be going if it were held in warmer weather...right now NCM will be in the mid 30's for this event if it even happens no one has signed up. TVRSCCA have posted in their forum "Who's Going" no replies....Kentucky nothing posted about it...too cold for me.
Paul Breitweiser
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

I contacted Matt Busby on this he just emailed back the event is a GO for Saturday. The weather is expected to be a high of 31 degrees but dry. I'm asking how many have signed up? Also will they be doing one of these when the weather is a little warmer.
Paul Breitweiser
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

reply back from Matt Busby...25 entries have signed up for Saturday....yes they are trying for another event in warmer conditions but track is booked for 2015 unless a booked organization pulls out which is not likely.
Paul Breitweiser