Bristol is back baby!!!

Discussions related to Solo
Scoob

Re: Bristol is back baby!!!

Post by Scoob »

Staying away from hazards is a course-design thing, not a kart-specific course design thing. But I have no idea where those cables are. Can anyone point them out on Google Maps or in a video from last year? If we're not running over the nasty choppy bits (where I was afraid for my car last year) the rest was reasonably smooth and could be fun in a kart.

I'm not looking to hit stuff so if the cables are impediments, I won't run the karts. But it's hard to swallow that the closest and biggest place on the ETR map can't have Kieran running. At least he can ride in cars this year, but that's a poor substitute for driving, IMO. He may see it differently, though.

Regardless, I'm happy BMS is back on the schedule!
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

If you remember where we finished at last year, going up and around the electrical pole, that is where the cables come from the pole toward the ground.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Scoob wrote:Staying away from hazards is a course-design thing, not a kart-specific course design thing.
Well, it is in a sense because the we have to be 25 ft off of upright objects in a car, but 50 ft in a kart. I'm no SSS, not my call. Just stating what the book says.

These poles and wires are near the exit of the chute that we generally run through, so getting 50 ft off of them without terminating that chute in a 90 degree left hander would be difficult, I think.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3