Subaru Challenge

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

thrdeye wrote:Here is what's being said about the pro class that will be running...
Hmm, Ted, I hear someone calling your name. :lol:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
awdbandito

Post by awdbandito »

Yup JB, we have a room and you're in. I've taken Friday off work, not sure when I'll leave though.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

awdbandito wrote:Yup JB, we have a room and you're in. I've taken Friday off work, not sure when I'll leave though.
We get outta work at 6 and planned on leaving straight away. We could meet up at a gas station or something on the HWY 11E exit right after 640 about 6:40PM if everyone wanted to.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TedV

Post by TedV »

sups said limit is 125... did I miss it being 100 someplace?
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

thrdeye wrote:
awdbandito wrote:Yup JB, we have a room and you're in. I've taken Friday off work, not sure when I'll leave though.
We get outta work at 6 and planned on leaving straight away. We could meet up at a gas station or something on the HWY 11E exit right after 640 about 6:40PM if everyone wanted to.
Sounds good JD.

Chris I get off work at 5:30 and could be ready to very soon after. I'mnot sure about Shawn. I'll have to be on his schedule since I will be riding with him. I'm pretty sure he will be down with meeting up with who ever wants to.
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

thrdeye wrote:Event is being capped at 100 entries, 91 now registered. Get in while you can!!!!!
I posted in this thread on page 4
Chris Harp
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

not cbring wrote:
thrdeye wrote:Here is what's being said about the pro class that will be running.
Now: People who do not own a Subaru but do autocross and regularly whip up on local competition (in a subaru or otherwise) are encouraged to bump up to pro class. People who do not own a Subaru and who have never autocrossed, or always finish so/so at local events are encouraged to run the regular class the car they will be driving fits. If you own a Subaru and you regularly trophy or win at national level events, you should bump up to pro class. The people who should bump up, should know who they are, and if they don't, they will probably be asked by me at registration to bump up. So if you don't think you are one of those people, don't worry about it. If you think you may be, send me an email: pleiades@subaruworld.net and I will tell you.

Please don't let this go out of proportion. There are only about 5-7 people currently on the registration list that should go up to pro class, and 1/2 of them have already stated that they were going to do it anyway.

This is the final word on how this will work, so please do not come up with a load of suggestions about different ways to do it. If you have a better idea, lets think about it for next year's events, as it's too late in the game for this event to change the whole class system.
That's all you, Mr. '05 Mini Cooper S w/LSD! :rockon:
No sir, PAX Man!

I've only embarrassed myself once in a Subaru. I'm running novice!!!

BTW - Do they ever have fun runs? Can I run the D stock monster once or twice? Or would that be counterproductive for Subaru? :D
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
tscott

Post by tscott »

I've never seen them do fun runs. It usually takes all day to get the ~100 participants through with 4 runs and then have the SUPERSTAR challenge.
Tyler Scott
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

tscott wrote:I've never seen them do fun runs. It usually takes all day to get the ~100 participants through with 4 runs and then have the SUPERSTAR challenge.
You better watch out this year Tyler. Shawn's car is ALOT different than two years ago and I'll probably be spinning it again :lol: :lol: :lol:
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Jbgti wrote:You better watch out this year Tyler. Shawn's car is ALOT different than two years ago and I'll probably be spinning it again :lol: :lol: :lol:
When in doubt - hit the gas!
Chris Harp
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

I hadnt heard anything about the Pro class till now. Is it a class in itself or is it prd stx, pro sm, pro ds, etc?

Also about friday----I will be getting off of work at 5:30. How late do they keep the registration open?
2013 WRX
steverife

Post by steverife »

thrdeye wrote:
CABoegemann wrote:Chris, you gett'n a room?

BTW - Didn't even know Rex was into Soobs.

V4P!
Tyler got us one. You may be able to split with OvenMitts and Not Cbring
That'd work for me.

I should be able to get off work by 6, but would need to figure out somewhere to put my car if I'm bumming a ride.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

gbwrx wrote:I hadnt heard anything about the Pro class till now. Is it a class in itself or is it prd stx, pro sm, pro ds, etc?

Also about friday----I will be getting off of work at 5:30. How late do they keep the registration open?
i think it will run just like our pro class - based on pax
Chris Harp
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Here's the proposed course design (I cleaned it up a bit)

Link to the original - http://www.subaruchallenge.com/pix/Maggiemap.pdf

Chris Harp
steverife

Post by steverife »

not cbring wrote:That'd work for me.
*tap, tap* This thing on? Curt? Matt? You guys want me to get a room?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97