event 1... in the books!

Discussions related to Solo
thrdeye

Re: event 1... in the books!

Post by thrdeye »

integra55 wrote:
thrdeye wrote:You guys crack me up. SRS BZNS.
it's not so much SRS BZNS as it is $$$ … it really hurts to throw away perfectly good tires :(

and yeah I know I can run STM …
Walter, I think you and I are of a similar mind on this. As in, you STS guys should have all just talked it over and agreed to run 140's until tires became available.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

Yeah, back in the day, people would go to national events at places like Atlanta and San Diego, look at the course, and point a turnaround in the opposite direction of the meter. That's poor sportsmanship.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

thrdeye wrote:You guys crack me up. SRS BZNS.

says the bling wheeled brant new tarz shod shinizzled RX8 Driver..... :wink:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Hey man, PRO class! I'm only SRS BSNZ cuz you guys make me that way.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

CobraJim wrote:
MARKP wrote:http://www.etrscca.org/solo/must-read-information/Sound policy is at the bottom of the page. "Our current meter is plus or minus 1.5dB so driver will receive a DNF when over 97.5dB with this meter."
Sooooo does that mean I won Xp?
I'm gonna say "no" because had I known my car was too loud I could have adjusted it before my last run. I was not notified of the sound issues until I asked about it on Monday.

That being said....if you want the T Shirt I'll give one one at Dixie this weekend.
SSM 96/196
marknoakes

Post by marknoakes »

Thank you for the well laid out course and the event overall. I didn't do very well, but it's good to be back at it.
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

see next
Last edited by oldmuscle69 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Colbert
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Good Golly !!!!!!!!!! Lets set this STS POINT issue to bed. First the region RE posted if we had a gentle mans agreement then ok. I spoke with him before we even had a running course. And at that point we did not have the gentle mans agreement. And I stated I am on total worn out slicks (no tread}.I did not at that point care about points. I just wanted to run my car in class (my test and tune day) Now if any one noticed my times during the day they got faster except for when I aborted a run and got a DNF for a clean run (just took longer) So for my last run of the day I had about one second of steering brakes going on at the top side 180's. As Lin and I wanted our run group time and finish position should not have been announced until she got back to the site.(she had to leave for a moment) The RE read off of the results that were printed out.....The win goes to LIN.....See just like the easy button. Any else have a problem with this go buy new panties, just sayen, And the RE is off the hook on this,we thought this would work. Opps
Last edited by oldmuscle69 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Colbert
integra55

Post by integra55 »

chill out Bob … all I was doing was asking …

it looked like you took up where you left off at the end of last season … kicking our butts ('cept I wasn't there, so there isn't any shoe print on MY butt …LOL )

looking forward to getting back with ETR at SEDiv event

now I'm loading up and on my way to rainy Road Atlanta … supposed to be dry on Sun (hope hope )
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
John_Kernodle

Post by John_Kernodle »

KERNODLE.PHOTOGRAPHY IMAGES FROM EVENT #1

My images from the first two run groups at event #1 are now available for viewing and purchase at the links below. Run group #3 coming very soon.

http://www.kernodle.photography/f55941192

Run group #1
http://www.kernodle.photography/p1029276245

Run group #2
http://www.kernodle.photography/p522333049

In addition to prints and other photo products, Digital Downloads are available for purchase at individual image prices. However, if you are buying more than one download, it is more economical to call or email me to arrange to purchase a package.

A package of 5 full resolution image downloads is only $30.00 — a savings of $45 over the individual download price.

A package of 10 full resolution image downloads is only $50.00 — a savings of $150 over the individual download price.

To arrange a digital download package, CALL (865-659-2922) or EMAIL (kernodle.photography@aol.com.....)
John P. Kernodle
2010 MX-5 Miata
http://jpkernodle.zenfolio.com/
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »

eunos735 wrote:
CobraJim wrote:
MARKP wrote:http://www.etrscca.org/solo/must-read-information/Sound policy is at the bottom of the page. "Our current meter is plus or minus 1.5dB so driver will receive a DNF when over 97.5dB with this meter."
Sooooo does that mean I won Xp?
I'm gonna say "no" because had I known my car was too loud I could have adjusted it before my last run. I was not notified of the sound issues until I asked about it on Monday.

That being said....if you want the T Shirt I'll give one one at Dixie this weekend.
no thanks Eric. Got plenty of t-shirts, and while I agree with you that you should have been told some of us are racing for points in XP. I don't think any of this is on you; but somehow I always seem to get burned by the sound meter. Even when I'm under and my competition is over.
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... racing season is upon us. Im glad were buyin in.. and takin this Seriously!!! lol
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Thanks and good job everybody.

Wish we could have stayed for dinner, but we had to get home...
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

See he spoke the real deal,got busted busten them asses on 140 slicks.
Bob Colbert