Event #2 in the Books

Discussions related to Solo
72RatCamaro

Re: Event #2 in the Books

Post by 72RatCamaro »

90civichb wrote:If you look in the 50 second time range for STM, there was some pretty tight competition going on. 6 of us occupy that 1 second area between 49 and 51 seconds.

What type of suspension are you on Andrew?
Cusco Zero2E Coilovers, Whiteline ALK, Swift Springs, 5x114 conversion so all STI control arms, lateral links etc, Cusco Sway bars, STI Steering Rack with whiteline bushings.

255/40/17 RS3's (Brand new), Brembos Front and rear

Alignment spec

-1.7 camber 0 toe and ~5.2-5.5 Caster up front

-1.1 Camber 0 toe rear
Andrew Hodge
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

ConeEater wrote:Maybe next year we talk about a season pass... people sign up and pay for a season at a discounted rate and then they are good to go all year.
I'd be all about that idea, but you would still have to walk up to the trailer and register the day of the event (pretty much consisting of "Brian Huber - PSSR 58, I'm here") which is all you have to do if you preregister and prepay online. But we have ran a separate line for preregistered folks with good results.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

MikeKelly wrote:
John Brown wrote:Does anyone know what it blew with me in Pro with the discs added to quiet it down??
I don't have my notes with me, but the car was definately quieter - I remember wondering what you did.

On a side note - your whole tail pipe assembly aft of the rear axle is moving around quite a bit - call it "floating around". I never saw it "drag", but it can't be missing it much.

I'll be doing a sound "hall of shame" thread later...
SuperTrapp... works wonders. 13 disc.. I think it even ran better! lol I gotz me that full floater exhaust systems.. :mrgreen:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
steverife

Post by steverife »

I'm not sure if the club would find value in a season pass or not.

I'm also not sure how easily this would be accommodated on MSR. I would have to review that and maybe talk to Amy Smith in Atlanta.

Regardless, I think if we are doing 3 computers, we can do 3 separate lines...
1) Walk up and class/number changes
2) Pre-reg/no changes/monies due
3) Pre-reg/pre-pay
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

72RatCamaro wrote: Alignment spec

-1.7 camber 0 toe and ~5.2-5.5 Caster up front

-1.1 Camber 0 toe rear
Can you get anymore camber out of the car? I am not sure what all the AWD guys do, but I know alignment is a big step to improving the turn in on the car, and those numbers seem somewhat reserved. You should ask the fast guys what kind of alignment they run. Sounds like your suspension is pretty solid.
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

steverife wrote:
I'm also not sure how easily this would be accommodated on MSR. I would have to review that and maybe talk to Amy Smith in Atlanta.
I didn't think about that. May not be worth it.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

I would like to thank Cobra Jim for letting me borrow his street tires. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I would've blown out the junk tires I had on the start line on my first run :shock:
Brian Robbins
XP 45
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

steverife wrote:
Regardless, I think if we are doing 3 computers, we can do 3 separate lines...
1) Walk up and class/number changes
2) Pre-reg/no changes/monies due
3) Pre-reg/pre-pay
I agree with the 3 line idea. ...plus registration open on time and READY to except people. I will also make sure in all the future event flyers and blast emails I send out will include the information about the 3 lines and how much easier it will be to pre-register for an event if we agree on this?
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
72RatCamaro

Post by 72RatCamaro »

Yeah I am going to dial in more camber before Smokies. I realized Sunday morning my top hats are off center so I have them dialed max but if I rotate 180 hopefully can get -3 up front and -1.5/-1.8 rear.
Andrew Hodge
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Great event. It was fun running with Johnny M. We may see more of him but driving a vette.

Getting 5 runs with 96 drivers at PSCC was good.

Course -- I liked it. We could have eliminated a bunch of downed cones if we had put some pointers in the wall on the turn to go down the hill from the top. That was a blind gate. JY, your car turned the second fastest time of day (James driving) so I don't buy that this course was not fair to HP cars. I would contend that too many of our courses favor HP cars. As JB said yesterday's course was a very good balance.

Safety, we need to train some more on red flags. After being stopped and then released, the driver is to proceed to the finish at a slower speed. It is the responsibility of the course worker that releases the red-flagged car to tell the driver about the slower speed.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

BTW...!! I never saw a RED flag flown as I approached another car head on going thru the islands... WTH??
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

I can kinda see where JY is coming from.. the walloms after the start, the tight exit on the first left turn around and the chute going into the downhill felt almost like school elements in a big, wide car.. it was an exercise in hustling it through without hitting stuff.. but the huge straight away, and the sweeper at the bottom, did even things out a bit. If that last slalom were opened up I bet JY & Pilson would've been closer to the running.

Vette: Seeing Brian wrestle it down the straight his first run kinda spooked me, I was pretty cautious/nervous my first run, but then the tires temp/pressure stabilized and it felt fantastic for the last two runs, and my last run was pretty mistake free, just WFO. If we find some A7's for that car, I'm going to drop the people's elbow on Pro class :D

Mustang: only took one run and had a 46.9 with some sloppiness. I think with 3 runs I could've been mid-low 46's, in the .3 to .5 range. It felt incredible, felt like I was slalom skiing through the slaloms.

Thanks to everyone who put it together, and to Harp for giving me a break during timing that my bladder desperately needed! Sorry for splitting before trophies, but the girlfriend came back from a week in DC, so I bolted to the house.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

John... Kim and Paul were over at paddock and saw it coming, so the course workers should've picked up that something wasn't right.

James... I'm planning on doing some brake stuff to the car as well.. this should inspire some more confidence going into braking zones. Better tires up front are definitely needed.. Lol
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I guess I am saying that being out RAW timed and nobody is listen to the RAW time is the problem. I am not a alien but I ain't no hack either and being out Raw timed in no way creates a equal course, yea James ran a 46.9xx, but take James out of the picture then see who finished where, since Pilson has been in the car with me both of us have never been out rawed by a little car, one of us yes but never both. I know there is a first time for every thing, but no way was that course fair. My car is preeped as well as any in etr and think about the courses that were equal, I have won some and lost a lot but only 3 times have I ever said the course was not fair and this was by far the most pinchy tight course we have driven. No way that course would have ever been approved for a national event!
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
steverife

Post by steverife »

Yesterday was 1 of 2 ETR courses I've ran at Pelli in an STS car and didn't feel like I was at a disadvantage because of power.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97