New Registration Procedure Suggested

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Gen52SS

New Registration Procedure Suggested

Post by Gen52SS »

Right after our last event the subject of “why people pre-registering is so important” and some discussion took place. Things like if you pre-register you can go to a dedicated line for quick check in. Steve (New Chief of Registration) suggested in a forum post having 3 lines for registration open.

“I think if we are doing 3 computers, we can do 3 separate lines...
1) Walk up and class/number changes
2) Pre-reg/no changes/monies due
3) Pre-reg/pre-pay”

Or my suggestion the main window in the trailer with 2 computers set-up will accept
Pre-Registered/Pre-Paid/NO CHANGES/Monies Due/SCCA current Members Only

The window on the opposite side of the trailer 1 computer with qualified staff member to handle the more complex time consuming registrations.
Weekend Members/Walk Ups/Non Registered/Class Questions/Re-Class/Number Changes etc.

With NO PAYMENT required and getting on a fast moving registration line on event day should make Pre-Registration the better choice for everyone.
Weekend membership forms should be available at wavier table to be filled out before proceeding to registration …..People were waiting in line getting to the window “I’m not a member I need a weekend membership” given a form told to fill out then bring back time wasted.

Is this something that needs to be addressed at the meeting? If the powers to be can come to some agreement on this NOW Yes/No…I think we should add this information to all our events posted in MSR as well as email blast to get the word out should make the registration process run much smoother. I'm just trying to be helpful with new ideas.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
thrdeye

Re: New Registration Procedure Suggested

Post by thrdeye »

Gen52SS wrote:Right after our last event the subject of “why people pre-registering is so important” and some discussion took place. Things like if you pre-register you can go to a dedicated line for quick check in. Steve (New Chief of Registration) suggested in a forum post having 3 lines for registration open.

“I think if we are doing 3 computers, we can do 3 separate lines...
1) Walk up and class/number changes
2) Pre-reg/no changes/monies due
3) Pre-reg/pre-pay”

Or my suggestion the main window in the trailer with 2 computers set-up will accept
Pre-Registered/Pre-Paid/NO CHANGES/Monies Due/SCCA current Members Only

The window on the opposite side of the trailer 1 computer with qualified staff member to handle the more complex time consuming registrations.
Weekend Members/Walk Ups/Non Registered/Class Questions/Re-Class/Number Changes etc.

With NO PAYMENT required and getting on a fast moving registration line on event day should make Pre-Registration the better choice for everyone.
Weekend membership forms should be available at wavier table to be filled out before proceeding to registration …..People were waiting in line getting to the window “I’m not a member I need a weekend membership” given a form told to fill out then bring back time wasted.

Is this something that needs to be addressed at the meeting? If the powers to be can come to some agreement on this NOW Yes/No…I think we should add this information to all our events posted in MSR as well as email blast to get the word out should make the registration process run much smoother. I'm just trying to be helpful with new ideas.
The only problem I see is that there are only about 15 people meeting the "Pre-Registered/Pre-Paid/NO CHANGES/Monies Due/SCCA current Members Only criteria.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

My plan was to just print a few signs, bring tape to post them to the trailer, and make an event day decision based off pre-registration and manpower. I don't think we'll always have the luxury or the need to have 3 people sitting at computers for the entire registration period. No need to make it a policy. :)
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

thrdeye wrote: The only problem I see is that there are only about 15 people meeting the "Pre-Registered/Pre-Paid/NO CHANGES/Monies Due/SCCA current Members Only criteria.
Chris ..I see 49 people that fall into that category and 2 weekend members on MSR right now once all the more difficult registrations are caught up you have options take on all other registrations or close the line. You can do this with 2 lines as well.
steverife wrote:My plan was to just print a few signs, bring tape to post them to the trailer, and make an event day decision based off pre-registration and manpower. I don't think we'll always have the luxury or the need to have 3 people sitting at computers for the entire registration period. No need to make it a policy. :)
I thought the whole idea was to stress the importance of pre-registration? Get more people to pre-register. A quick check in on event day would have some incentive NO? Plus we have some BIG events coming up SEDiv, Bristol, Chillhowie, Adesa where we should hope to have more entries then a regular Pelli points event? So if we don't have enough manpower we should get it?

If not do 2 lines like we always have one for the difficult registrations and one for the easy quick ones. It doesn't need to be policy it can be just a general statement letting people know if they pre-register their check in time will move along faster. I remember last year waiting in line at Bristol a long time when could have been walking the course or something else. you can still post the signs on event day.
Last edited by Gen52SS on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Breitweiser
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

If I may, in Philly Region we tried the two line approach with some good success. We had a line for essentially checking in so we'd know you were actually present and to get your work assignment. That line was for the pre-reg, pre-paid folks with no changes (i.e. the regulars).

The second line was for everyone else. We had the luxury of having someone walking up and down that line every so often with weekend member forms to capture folks before they hit the table. We also tried to get classes worked out in the line before the table.

That approach really favored the pre-reg, pre-pay option and alleviated a lot of line-waiting for the regular folks who make up a substantial portion of the registrants.

Registration (and Tech) opened at 8 and closed at 9:15 or 9:30 depending on the event/site. And we always had first car off around 10 with 2x the number of drivers.

In South Jersey Region we had smaller events, similar to ETR, and usually had two lines but none of the extras with weekend memberships and classing in the line. The Novice chief did eventually pick up the weekend membership piece at a separate table separate from registration which helped capture the true newbs early in the process.

And North Jersey was similar to SJR, but with more drivers. All of these regions had the worker assignments integrated with Registration.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
steverife

Post by steverife »

Gen52SS wrote:It doesn't need to be policy it can be just a general statement letting people know if they pre-register their check in time will move along faster.
I'm cool with any kind of statement encouraging people to pre-register.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

steverife wrote:
Gen52SS wrote:It doesn't need to be policy it can be just a general statement letting people know if they pre-register their check in time will move along faster.
I'm cool with any kind of statement encouraging people to pre-register.
.........and if they do a line will be available (sign posted at trailer) for pre-registered/No changes/pre-paid or Monies due. :D
Paul Breitweiser