I'm new, forgive me..

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Aluminized

I'm new, forgive me..

Post by Aluminized »

Really not knowledgeable on forums and threads and how they work, but I'm going to learn as best as I can! Anyways I was told I should come here and ask a few questions I would definitely like to compete and make some new friends while I'm at it. I drive a crappy 2001 mitsubishi eclipse gs model spyder. It's a 5 speed and has some pretty good tires on it so I think it would perform pretty well. Uhm, 1st question would be ho do i sign up? Haha, my friend has a WRX that he'd like to comete with, too. Really looking forward to this, so let me know! :)
Josh Castle
2001 eclipse spyder GS
Gen52SS

Re: I'm new, forgive me..

Post by Gen52SS »

Welcome ...I'm sure the more experienced people will chime in and answer many of the questions you have. I just wanted to give you the link to register for our next event April 26th at Pellissippi off Harden Valley Road. We have a great novice chief Jim Simmons (Cobra Jim) who can guide you through the days activities. Right now we have 7 other novice people signed up for this event...hope we see you both there.

http://msreg.com/ETR042015
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
Aluminized

Post by Aluminized »

Gen52SS wrote:Welcome ...I'm sure the more experienced people will chime in and answer many of the questions you have. I just wanted to give you the link to register for our next event April 26th at Pellissippi off Harden Valley Road. We have a great novice chief Jim Simmons (Cobra Jim) who can guide you through the days activities. Right now we have 7 other novice people signed up for this event...hope we see you both there.

http://msreg.com/ETR042015

Perfect! Thank you so much! :)
Josh Castle
2001 eclipse spyder GS
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Welcome. Let us know what modifications the vehicles have and we'll point you to the correct class.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Aluminized

Post by Aluminized »

thrdeye wrote:Welcome. Let us know what modifications the vehicles have and we'll point you to the correct class.
Thanks! Well, it's basically stock. Newer tranny, but still the same specs as factory. Ahh it does have new goodyear eagle F1's on it. But really it's all stock.

My other major question is do i need a special license or insurance? Because on the beginner's guide it just says i need to register and comply with the rules.
Josh Castle
2001 eclipse spyder GS
Aluminized

Post by Aluminized »

Oh! And the WRX is stock too. New tires but they're nothing fancy. We're just wanting to have some good wholesome fun, legally. We'll be at the Pellissippi Community College Campus in Knoxville, Tn. On April 26th!
Josh Castle
2001 eclipse spyder GS
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

As long as your tires are 200 treadwear or above, you would be best in H Street and the WRX would be in D Street. If you're below 200 treadwear, you can run STM (Street Tire Modified), which is still at 140 treadwear for this year.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
Aluminized

Post by Aluminized »

Teufelshund wrote:As long as your tires are 200 treadwear or above, you would be best in H Street and the WRX would be in D Street. If you're below 200 treadwear, you can run STM (Street Tire Modified), which is still at 140 treadwear for this year.

Awesome, thanks! Yes my tires are the Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2

So these: http://m.caranddriver.com/comparisons/g ... c-2-page-5

I guess I'm above the 200 rating, so H Street it is! And I'll let him know he's in D!
Josh Castle
2001 eclipse spyder GS
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »

Welcome; try to get to the event early; about 7:30 and come find Me. I'll be the guy with the grey 67 cobra, and a sombrero; not hard to find, I'll be happy to walk you through the whole process and answer any of your questions. The first event can be a little overwhelming for some but I'll help you through tech, registration and figuring out the course. We even have instructors to ride with you, "if you want", to help you find the quickest way around the track
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair
Aluminized

Post by Aluminized »

CobraJim wrote:Welcome; try to get to the event early; about 7:30 and come find Me. I'll be the guy with the grey 67 cobra, and a sombrero; not hard to find, I'll be happy to walk you through the whole process and answer any of your questions. The first event can be a little overwhelming for some but I'll help you through tech, registration and figuring out the course. We even have instructors to ride with you, "if you want", to help you find the quickest way around the track

Wow that's amazing, thank you!

I'm currently trying to sign up for a weekend registration, and i chose "novice pax" then on the 2nd dropdown menu i chose "street H" but then it asks for a car number and the numbers start at 4 then jump to 6, 8, 15.... what am i supposed to do here?Image
Josh Castle
2001 eclipse spyder GS
Aluminized

Post by Aluminized »

Josh Castle
2001 eclipse spyder GS
Aluminized

Post by Aluminized »

Just click that to see what I'm talking about
Josh Castle
2001 eclipse spyder GS
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

Just pick what number you want to be.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
integra55

Post by integra55 »

as to the numbers (and class designators) …what color are y'alls cars … I ask because you'll probably be using tape for your numbers

if a dark car, then then the standard blue painters tape WON'T be acceptable … you'll need contrasting colors for your numbers .. and the car will need it's numbers before it comes through tech

welcome, plan on having fun
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
Aluminized

Post by Aluminized »

Thamks i understand now. I wasn't sure if that was to pick your number or if that was a certian class number haha, thank you for your. Guidance!
Josh Castle
2001 eclipse spyder GS