can we please set up the charity 2days where people can do 1?

Discussions related to Solo
Buck05Sti

Re: can we please set up the charity 2days where people can do 1?

Post by Buck05Sti »

CaptJordi wrote:Also if you dont want to pay for a hotel room, there are camp grounds near the track that are year round. Heck, Shadrack is right next to the track AND a brewery and has free wifi and electric hookups for $20 for a tent site.
Hey, now theres an idea. i didnt know there were camp grounds near by, may look in to this in the future...
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

msweeney29 wrote:
So on expensive lots, we do charity events (to get a discount?) and make 'em 2-days to get a reasonable number of runs for the money?
Two days is also about getting the most we can out of a good (expensive) lot while we have it and adds a bit more margin in case of low turnout.

SCCA charges us a certain amount per driver for every event. That amount covers the insurance and sanction fees up to three consecutive days I believe. So, you can look at it like we get to run for free (as a club) since we only pay the fee once per event, not per day.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

Buck05Sti wrote:
CaptJordi wrote:Also if you dont want to pay for a hotel room, there are camp grounds near the track that are year round. Heck, Shadrack is right next to the track AND a brewery and has free wifi and electric hookups for $20 for a tent site.
Hey, now theres an idea. i didnt know there were camp grounds near by, may look in to this in the future...
There are TONS of camp grounds near the speedway. the majority of the NASCAR fans camp for the races there. There are at least 5 that I can think of within sight distance of the track, and I know a few of those do year round camping. Holston River Brewing is the brewery right next to the track.

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
SeanDrives4Fun

Post by SeanDrives4Fun »

I do wish we could easily work out our registration and scoring, I think the number of people who would chose 1 day for $40 would increase revenue for expensive venu

i fully understand It will not be happening this year, I appreciate all the feedback here and at meeting.even the math that didn't count the corporate donations Lol
Rally Boss