Bristol Event 2015 Official Thread

Discussions related to Solo
TedV

Re: Bristol Event 2015 Official Thread

Post by TedV »

Gen52SS wrote:
Teufelshund wrote:"It's the most fun you can have in a car LEGALLY!" - Bronwyn Ray :lol: :rockon:
I don't know about that....I can remember at the drive-in having lot's of fun in the back seat of my Trans Am years ago....don't know how legal it was :oops:
I think they edited out the rest of her comment. "And with your clothes on" :wink: :lol:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
integra55

Post by integra55 »

LEGALLY … I think that was the point … when I came home from my first track day (VIR with TrackDaze) .. that was my post .. the most fun I'd ever had in a car …. with my clothes on :lol:
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
garkit

Post by garkit »

Gen52SS wrote:Thanks to TEAMETR for a great event this weekend. It was the best racing weekend for me ever. It was full of ups and downs and had 3 cars fighting for 1st place. I think the difference was .720 1st to 3rd.

Day 1 ...I found myself in 3rd place early on... then in second after the 5th run. Down by 1.21....The last run I picked up 1.66 over my best run to put me in 1st place after Day 1 by .456...I was happy as a pig in mud. I went out had a nice dinner at Red Lobster and few glasses of wine.
:fight:
Day 2...I didn't feel the course in my mind like I did on Day1. My visualization in my mind was no were as clear as Day 1. I soon found out this wasn't going to be an easy day. Once again I slipped back to 3rd after 2 runs. I changed tire pressure (lower) BIG TIME on the 5th run and took back second place. Now I found myself again down to Clancy by almost a half second.....Last run of the day once again a banged out my best run and was enough to jump into 1st by .295 for the 2 day event. :rockon:
Paul sounds like the lower pressure helped out a lot, glad you were able to get the win.
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Thanks Gary ..I didn't mention in that post we had been talking about lower tire pressure just before I gave it a try. Glad to see you again ....any chance you'll be at Chilhowee next month?
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black