Atlanta this weekend

Discussions related to Solo
Gen52SS

Re: Atlanta this weekend

Post by Gen52SS »

DeWitt 20th RAW ....17th PAX out of 109 entries times looked much better 2 DNF's what happened with that?
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

We used to run that sort of schedule in Philly when we had 225+ drivers. Nice for competitors, but hell on the chiefs who had to be there all day running everything. And only half the folks available to clean up. Looks like a fun course. Congrats on doing well on that last run, DeWitt.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Gen52SS wrote:DeWitt 20th RAW ....17th PAX out of 109 entries times looked much better 2 DNF's what happened with that?
The afternoon sessions probably ran in the rain. Pro was in the afternoon. I seriously doubt I would have been that high up if it had stayed dry the rest of the day. It was a respectable time for my run group, though. I know I can go faster now.

I did waivers in the morning and only walked the course once. There was a gate that didn't look like a gate and lots of people missed it. I was lined up to do it right on my second run but actually slowed and went on the wrong side. The joys of getting older.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
jcoatney

Post by jcoatney »

I'm glad to see you are getting your car where you want it. It looks like you are still doing a lot of data logging. Please stop, I really want to see Chris eat a shoe.
Jon Coatney
03 Mach 1-CAMC 99
http://www.tennfab.com/
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

I kinda liked them using the yellow cones as pointers.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Paul,

I wish they had used one more. Then I wouldn't have DNF'd my first two runs along with a lot of other people.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

I was there that afternoon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cls-hqO6jDM. Consistently wet, but not terrible. I enjoyed watching the Pro class black S2K drift around parts of the course!

Edit: Jeff has his photos up, too: http://forum.atlantascca.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7145
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random