New Ride for Next Season

Discussions related to Solo
dewittpayne

Re: New Ride for Next Season

Post by dewittpayne »

Paul,

I haven't read the Motor Trend test, but I'm betting that the Mustang Performance Package still comes with cr@p OEM tires on smaller wheels than the Camaro.
Vipers (all-2012) and Corvettes (1984-2013) are now eligible for CAM-S @ 3000lbs.
*groan*
I guess that explains why the PAX for CAM-S went to 0.848 from 0.836. However, the PAX for CAM-C went to 0.839 from 0.830, so not all that much help.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
jcoatney

Post by jcoatney »

That sucks. CAM will turn into the Vette class now. I know a stock Z06 would stomp my Mustang. That might be all I need to push me into SM.
Jon Coatney
03 Mach 1-CAMC 99
http://www.tennfab.com/
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

jcoatney wrote:a stock Z06 would stomp my Mustang.
I'm not sure how many of them enjoy the drive without the purple crack.

Time will tell...
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
michael.plaster

Post by michael.plaster »

It sounds like FS is going to be fun next year... Hopefully I won't be in last place every event!
Michael Plaster
69 Corvette
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

So I just got back from the dealer checking out the new 2016 Camaro 2SS no automatics were on the lot only 2 manual cars. It's everything they say about the car only 2 parts are carry over from the Gen 5....SS emblem and bowtie. Much more HP & torque then a G5 2SS or 1LE. The magnetic ride and driving choices are like on the corvette lot more trunk space then mine. Inside much nicer, headroom and visibility again not that great. Once again on 20 inch wheels which limits tire choices.

While looking around my other objective was to look at some used low mile C7 corvettes. I met this guy about my age ...better looking and much better shape then me in the showroom...he said "ever owned a corvette" no was my reply but I've always wanted one and the only one I'll consider would be a C7 ...well an hours worth of education on corvettes and an invitation to join the corvette club...come to find out it was Gary Pilson...Marks Dad. What a nice man if he were selling cars today I would have bought a corvette. I still have many more rides to check out but he really loves his corvette. It's the price tag that is tough can't lease a used corvette and new 2016 Z51 corvettes aren't cheap..... so I would have to buy it. It also must have bells and whistles with Z51 package. They do have a lot of used ones in the showroom $55 to $65 low miles one only had 2,500 miles on it. The shopping continues.
Last edited by Gen52SS on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

michael.plaster wrote:It sounds like FS is going to be fun next year... Hopefully I won't be in last place every event!
No that spot is for me Mike...I'm really concentrating on the cone killer award this season. :D
Paul Breitweiser
Challenger

Re: RE: Re: New Ride for Next Season

Post by Challenger »

Gen52SS wrote:
michael.plaster wrote:It sounds like FS is going to be fun next year... Hopefully I won't be in last place every event!
No that spot is for me Mike...I'm really concentrating on the cone killer award this season. :D
I think that spot will be reserved for me. Sounds like its going to be a lot of fun though.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk
Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
djrogers1

Post by djrogers1 »

Gen52SS wrote:Going today to test drive the all new 2016 Camaro SS results of Motor Trend testing http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-che ... ustang-gt/

1st Place: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Superior performance at the strip and in the corners makes this the muscle car we want.

2nd Place: 2016 Ford Mustang GT Performance package

The one we’d pick in a heartbeat to drive across the U.S.A. :lol2:
Nice review! Thanks for the link. Looks like I'll be second-class again, but in FS this time..... :shock:
Dave Rogers
2006 Porsche Cayman S #13
2011 Porsche Cayman S #13
2016 Mustang GT #3
2018 BMW 340i X-drive #3
2022 Mustang Mach 1 #3
djrogers1

Post by djrogers1 »

Don't worry, Michael, it's gonna take a while for me to get used to this car. And, apparently, the tires suck. I think I saw that you ran as No. 13 last year; I guess I can drop the "1" and go as No. 3. Imagine a Ford using Dale Earnhardt's number...... :roll:
Dave Rogers
2006 Porsche Cayman S #13
2011 Porsche Cayman S #13
2016 Mustang GT #3
2018 BMW 340i X-drive #3
2022 Mustang Mach 1 #3
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Question ?? when Fastrack news posts in RED does that mean they have changed something since it was released? When January fastrack news first came out they classed the new 2016 Camaro LT V6 in F Street but had nothing about the SS V8....now I see in RED are both the LT and SS will be classed in F Street.

#17890 New car classing
Per the SAC, add the following new listings in Appendix A, Street Category:
FS
Chevrolet
Camaro LT, SS (2016)
Paul Breitweiser
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Hello anyone home
Paul Breitweiser
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Gen52SS wrote:Question ?? when Fastrack news posts in RED does that mean they have changed something since it was released? When January fastrack news first came out they classed the new 2016 Camaro LT V6 in F Street but had nothing about the SS V8....now I see in RED are both the LT and SS will be classed in F Street.

#17890 New car classing
Per the SAC, add the following new listings in Appendix A, Street Category:
FS
Chevrolet
Camaro LT, SS (2016)
Yes, red font is a change.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Thanks DeWitt :rockon:
Paul Breitweiser
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

I test drove the car and it was simply fantastic. My concerns still are visibility issues and tire choices. Since it is again on 20 inch wheels the tire options are limited to just a few manufactures. I guess buy the time I'm ready to make a decision on a new ride aftermarket 19 inch wheels will be available which would open up more choices in tires.
Paul Breitweiser
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

I'm still concerned by this video.

And I don't think it's a "Chevrolet" issue - I think it's NHTSA issue.

And I don't think any manufacturer would likely cover it under warranty...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpL4VwhYSE8
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate