New to SCCA

Discussions related to Solo
Dean1962

New to SCCA

Post by Dean1962 »

I am a new driver in SCCA with only two events run so far. I did not know if some of the experienced driver might ride with me to help get through the first couple of events. I want to learn and not get DNF's. The course in the beginning can be a bit overwhelming.
Mark McCrary

Re: New to SCCA

Post by Mark McCrary »

Welcome!!! I am sure I am speaking for most when I say we will be more than happy to help out. I am in the Red Scion FRS so just come over and I will be more than happy to walk course with and try to help. Jim is also the Novice chief and he does a walk thru as well. Main thing is walk the course as much as possible. Welcome again!!!
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
TedV

Post by TedV »

Welcome!! Jim usually does a novice walk before the start. If you have questions early at the event, if you ask anyone wearing an ETR shirt they should be able to point you in the right direction or find you someone who can. During runs there are people available to ride with you to help.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

A lot of people will let you ride with them as well. I found that to be very helpful.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
tyd_e36

Post by tyd_e36 »

I am somewhat of a new member as well, but I've done a lot of performance driving of various types. What I did find though is the course walking was the most beneficial especially when you listen to Jim, stand up front and ask questions and you will learn so much. Look forward to seeing you, I drive a violett m3
Tyler D.
2016 C-street ETR champ, because Harp is in pro
1995 m3/2/5 STM
Other cars (dad's)
1987 944 turbo, 1970 914, 2000 M Coupé 1977 911, 3.2l swap 1988 944/ls1 powered
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »

Welcome: of course someone will ride with you. I'll be at the 1st event in the black 67 cobra. Get to the event around 8am and come find me. I know you've already run some events but I will answer any questions you might have and introduce you to some experienced drivers who will ride with you when you want them. Also DeWitt is right; lots of drivers will let you ride along with them. It's an excellent way to not only learn the course but to learn how to drive it.
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Welcome Aboard...I don't know if you have pre-registered yet or under what name but the link is here http://msreg.com/ETR012016

Also for all the new novice people we get so many new people every year putting your real name in the signature helps please read...makes it a lot easier :) ............Link posted March 2012 http://forum.etrscca.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7047

"So everyone can have a better idea of who's who, please put your real name in your signature.

To do this, click the User Control Panel link at the top of the forum, click Profile on the left, and then click Edit Signature. Put your real name in there somewhere.

That way we don't have to run up to you at an event and ask if you are /\/\adSki11zAut*Xer#5Yo."

Thanks!

- Dave Disney
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Welcome
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

A good rule of thumb for any question you may have is to find someone in a bright green ETR shirt. If they can't answer your question, they'll know who can
Brian Robbins
XP 45
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

I'm also available to help with the new people, but I'm finding that last year things got a bit crazy.
I'll most likely just be helping ride along in New driver's cars and so forth.

I drive a bright yellow corvette, so I'm hard to miss.

Come by and say hello and if I can help I'm happy to do so
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing