Other Region Attendee Numbers

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Gen52SS

Other Region Attendee Numbers

Post by Gen52SS »

I was just looking around at some regions who have events coming up soon and looking at some of the entries.

Central Kentucky event May 29th 26 entries

Triad Sports Virginia May 29th 34 entries

Dixie Georgia June 5th 9 entries

Tennessee Valley June 11th 23 entries

Tennessee Region May 22nd past weekend had 52 pre-registered official 76 entries 18 novice
Last edited by Gen52SS on Wed May 25, 2016 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
John Brown

Re: Other Region Attendee Numbers

Post by John Brown »

How many Novices at each?
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

John Brown wrote:How many Novices at each?
Central Kentucky 0

Triad 4

Dixie 0

Tennessee 6 updated 5/25/2016 to 18 novice drivers
Last edited by Gen52SS on Wed May 25, 2016 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Breitweiser
jcoatney

Post by jcoatney »

I honestly think people are sick of all the changes that have been made and the changes that are still happening. I have lost faith in the SCCA. I was done with it until CAM was started and if they screw with that class I'll be done again for a while.
Jon Coatney
03 Mach 1-CAMC 99
http://www.tennfab.com/
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

jcoatney wrote:I honestly think people are sick of all the changes that have been made and the changes that are still happening. I have lost faith in the SCCA. I was done with it until CAM was started and if they screw with that class I'll be done again for a while.
I think it's the other way. The autocross events market is starting to get saturated, and unless you have a good site or a really good program, most people can find a better site/program to travel to because there is a lot of schedule overlap.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I think a lot of it is actually both and add the street tires are not lasting on some cars as long as people thought and some lighter cars they last a little longer. but most regions only have 15-20 people that travel and it happens to be on the Wilmington weekend. That is close to all of us.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
steverife

Post by steverife »

I'm not sure that really means anything...

We have a big emphasis on pre-registering, but that isn't the case most places. I typically wouldn't register for events several weeks out. Also, it is a holiday weekend.

I definitely don't think autocross is on the decline because people can be competitive on street tires.... though not being able to get any Bridgestones right now probably doesn't help. A few people skipped the challenge Sunday at Bristol because they were trying to preserve tire.

I would also agree with Chris. I used to run every event I could. Now there are so many to chose from...
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

steverife wrote: We have a big emphasis on pre-registering, but that isn't the case most places. I typically wouldn't register for events several weeks out.
This is what I don't understand there is NO PENALTY, loss of money, out of pocket costs....NOTHING and you can cancel at anytime prior to race day. You can even decide at the last minute you can't make it and just not show (NO PENALTY). In fact we prefer you pay on race day at the trailer not in advance. If you were paying by credit card I would say YES wait until the last minute to make a decision but most of our members pay at the trailer so that's not a factor. I think it helps things run smoother on race day. I also think it keeps the interest in people outside ETR family maybe looking at going for example to one of our Bristol events and seeing a strong number of entries listed. I looked this morning and all events within 300 miles of ETR have some real low numbers.....Central Kentucky event is today 71 entries (Holiday Weekend I Get That). All the rest who have events in June and registration is open numbers are very low 20 or 30 some will not even show how many entries they have. So I guess the question is why would you not pre-register for an event several weeks out???
Paul Breitweiser
steverife

Post by steverife »

I'm pretty well committed to run ETR events when I can and I'm on here every day, but for out of region events that I might attend...

I'm not going to spend time finding events weeks in advance when I'm not going to know if I can, or even want to, autocross until 2-3 days from the event. In the past, I've signed up for events early and totally forgot about them.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Paul Breitweiser
Miata22

Post by Miata22 »

I disagree on attendance in tracks around us. TVR has had attendance in 130-140 range almost every event this year. CKR had over 80 this past holiday weekend which is a higher number for them. As paul mentioned earlier with no penalty people hold off till last minute to pre register. Just in case something else comes up. Society in a whole has opted to this direction. It's hard to get people to commit to planning ahead.
Randy Adkins
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Miata22 wrote: TVR has had attendance in 130-140 range almost every event this year. CKR had over 80 this past holiday weekend which is a higher number for them.
TVR has been doing well with numbers entries since March 82, 131, 138, 132 and have 50 so far for June 11th

CKR starting in March 47, 62, 55, 72 so far for June 12th 10
Paul Breitweiser