Intercooler hoses allowed in STX?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
gbwrx

Intercooler hoses allowed in STX?

Post by gbwrx »

I have been hearing and reading both ways whether ic hoses are allowed in STX or not. So are they allowed in STX or would that bump me to SM?
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Alternate air cleaner enclosures up to carburetor or throttlebody. This does not allow any changes to intercoolers.

To me this means that they would be allowed, since the hose is before the throttle body. But I wouldn't call a IC hose an 'air cleaner enclosure'

***HOWEVER*** If a change to the intercooler hose counts as a change to the intercooler, it would not be allowed and then you'd have to go to SM or ESP

Probably just ask if anyone in STX cares that you have it. It doesn't really add HP or anything. But, if you come to SM, you will have more people to run with.......At my level, I don't really care which class I run in, since I'm not gonna win anyway. I usually compare my times to everyone......

"Wow!!! I was only 14 seconds behind a 120 Hp civic!!! w00t!!!11"
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Any and all modifications must meet or exceed the applicable US DOT emissions standards for the year, make, and model of the car. These allowances also apply to forced induction cars, except that no changes to standard boost levels, intercoolers, or boost controls are permitted.

Wouldnt this mean that an ic hose is permitted as long as it meets US DOT emissions standards?

I personally am out there to just have fun. But, I do want my car to be in the right class for the couple of mods that are on it. For some reason I dont want to be in SM. (I am scared of Tony B. :lol: )
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Nevermind. Sorry I read it wrong. :roll: By that it sounds like it isnt permitted.