Thanks Doug and all! Nice final event.

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Dentspeed

Thanks Doug and all! Nice final event.

Post by Dentspeed »

Very nice course and lot. Sorry Dave, about being a spoiler. Next time just pay me more. :wink:

Now the problem is waiting for next season. :evil:
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

How was everything?? You guys get any rain?
Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

TonyBolton wrote:How was everything?? You guys get any rain?
Dry but still slippery. AWD was definitely an advantage. Pilson got fastest car of the day in my car. FTD went to McCrary in that insane kart. Nice course--good mix of open stuff and tight stuff.

Trey, no problem, man. You deserved it--you've been kicking our butts recently.

Pilson really showed me how much room I have for improvement. :shock:
MarshallMX5

Post by MarshallMX5 »

That really was a great course, and the lot was nice and slippery. It was fun watching everyone gettin crazy in the turn coming into the slalom. :D
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Thanks Doug that was a nice challenging course. I had a blast.

And, thanks to Chris for the fun runs in your car.
2013 WRX
Budman

Post by Budman »

Thanks to everyone for helping to make it such a fun day! Doug...awesome job on the course. It was very nice to be able to have two cars on the course at once which made the event go quickly.

I have totally enjoyed my first season and I learned so much. My hat is off to all of you as a group....very friendly and always willing to help. I am very much looking forward to next year! Again...thanks to all of you for a great final event and season.
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Another great event Doug. Also, thanks to everybody that has helped run all the events this year. You know who ya'll are. :D Thanks for the ride Steve. Torque is cool.

I'll take my beating on the other thread, please. :?

Edit: :oops: not exactly
Last edited by CABoegemann on Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
larry

Post by larry »

Great course Doug and all that helped. It was easier to get two cars started than on any other course I have been starter...really helped move it along. I have enjoyed my second season very much, thanks to everybody that makes it possible.
Larry Huff
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#1)
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#2)
2005 Acura TL Anthracite
Doug

Post by Doug »

Thanks guys!

Special thanks to Mark Pilson for bringing the trailer and helping a LOT with setting up the course, to David Sill for bringing and using the leaf-blower, and to Scott Gibson who does more work before, during and after a event than most people know.

We have developed a great group of workers who just arrive and go about doing the work that needs to be done at an event without any worry or oversight from the event chair. You don't know how much that helps, when you can just concentrate setting up the course and know that things like reg. and tech. will be covered.
Doug Allen
89 Civic Si
ST 98
Scuffcakes

Post by Scuffcakes »

What a great event... again. Thanks Doug. This year has been my introduction to Solo II racing and it's been such a blast. I really have a problem with the "Solo" name though because for me the coolest part is the great group of people it has allowed me to meet and associate with. Thanks for making an auto-x junkie out of me ya lousy buncha pushers! :D I'll really be lookingh forward to seeing all of you again next season.
David Guffey
97 Miata - STS #40
99 Miata - Nicest beater I've ever had
88 4Runner - Trusty, rusty trail-sled
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Thanks for making my first events so much fun. I've met a ton of great people and had a ton of fun. I'm already really looking forward to next season. I loved the course today too. Lots of oversteer for me. Not fast but neither is my car so its all in good fun! Thanks for the good times!
Stephen Wilson

Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

I got some sweet jumps on that hole. Flippin' awesome!
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
steverife

Post by steverife »

I found the course really challenging today. After a decent first run, I tried to do too much with my other runs and made big mistakes on each run. Thanks to Curt for running with me.

Anyway, it was great year. I learned a ton throughout the year and enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks to everyone who was a part of it.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Great course Doug!!! I had a blast. Again thanks to everyone that helped me with the kart. One day I will get it sorted out and hopefully it will start at will. :lol: It has been a great year. Only one event suck all year and that was Nationals. I will probably be a long time before I get to do all the stuff I did this year. It was a blast.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

Great job Doug! I had a great time flogging the CP car out there today. I gotta get me one of those. :D
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.