Radios

Discussions related to Solo
SeanDrives4Fun

Radios

Post by SeanDrives4Fun »

We here in Rallyville think it's time for ya'll to get some new radios, we'd rather inher it 8 from autocross as have to buy them ;-)
Rally Boss
TedV

Re: Radios

Post by TedV »

FMRS radios are what is for breakfast. I have my own.. not sure if there are any old radios, but will ask at the board meeting y'all don't show up at. :P :lol:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Oh Snap!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
SeanDrives4Fun

Post by SeanDrives4Fun »

I know, but I do post up a report and send $, who else does all that?
I kinda hope for an answer this week or I will just buy some, we have an event in 13 days (Ted never comes to) the radios are a safety concern as well as a ;-) Hugh site necesity. 55+ acres ÷ 7-10 workers in the field + safety officer and control table.

Gregister works nights and I'm just crazy having a job where I no longer set my schedule to my race leasure. My car Club shares your sentiment.
Rally Boss
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Have your radios died or lost? In any event you need to buy some. We had a long discussion last time we bought and opted for a tougher model that is water proof -- Motorola MS350R . Available from Amazon (two days if prime member) or Walmart on line quick delivery. Remember it is only legal for us to use GMRS frequencies and not FRS.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
TedV

Post by TedV »

Wasn't there a tackle box with the old radios? The not so water proof ones? I know some of em were getting corroded inside and not working = the reason autocross got the yellow waterproof/resistant ones. Have they all died or have they walked off?
Ted V.
SeanDrives4Fun

Post by SeanDrives4Fun »

In the time since we received said tackle box, we've lost one, its probably in the field somewhere and 5 have quit working. Didn't notice any corrosion in the battery compartment, I'd have wd'd that! Thanks Scott for the technical info.
Rally Boss
TedV

Post by TedV »

I'd be curious to take apart the dead ones as a postmortem I bet they are hosed on the circuit board where you can't see. The reason autocross went with the MS350R :wink:

How many do y'all think is needed to cover an event?
Ted V.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Let us know how many radios you need and what the total purchase price would be so we can request board approval.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story