Toledo Champ Tour

Discussions related to Solo
thrdeye

Re: Toledo Champ Tour

Post by thrdeye »

Well, that was a tough weekend.

The Miata, on edge, at the limit....I truly don't know if I have experienced that yet - not for an entire run at least. I got it right in a few places on each course, and when I did....wow. I didn't know it would do some of the things it did this weekend. Still, 2nd place sucks, and the CS winner pretty much walked away with it.

We were pretty far off on index - limiter everywhere on the courses. Tried 3rd a couple of times, went slower.

$TR might be interesting.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Did the car handle better?
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

John Brown wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:29 am Did the car handle better?
Yes!

There is a slight push on corner exit. I can drive around it, but I wish it weren't there. That said, a slight touch of steering on corner entry and you are going THAT WAY immediately.

Slaloms are really fun, even if you are maxed out at 55 MPH.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith »

This is the first event I haven't hit ice mode a single time and the car's balance was good. I coned away my fast run Saturday right at the end, really no excuse for that. Sunday I felt sick at the start of my session, left traction control on for run #2, then the ibuprofen had kicked in for third run and it was not the best run.

I'm happy my car setup is better and I can attack the course a better, occasionally with a fast run thrown in. It seems like it has been years since I drove as inconsistently as I am with the vette. At least I have data logging with solostorm now. It helped me understand just how much some driving inputs helped or hurt lap time and how much slip angle the thing liked on that surface.
83 AS 2008 Corvette Z06
31 STR Miata
RIP: 13 ASP 2002 911
RIP: 13 ST 1991 Saab 900
Challenger

Post by Challenger »

The weather was perfect, courses were fun and challenging. I definately had more to get out of the car and let the last trophy spot slip away on Sunday. After reviewing my go pro video on the side of the car i definately see why I couldn't pick up any time on that last run. I missed one key turn in coming out of the slalom which threw me off for the next two 90 degree turns and I'm sure cost me a bit of time. It also looks like from reviewing the solo storm video that I turned down the aggression just a little too much on the third run to avoid sliding like I did in the second because my throttle on time was a lot less. I just wish my solo storm data hadn't gone wonky on me during those runs so I could see for sure. For some reason on both Sat and Sun my gps threw weird tracks on both of my second runs, probably some weird airport interference. Best runs below, feel free to point out any points to improve on:

Saturday: https://youtu.be/rcsB9Fx-p1I

Sunday: https://youtu.be/gjLwR8Vj8-A

On the plus side I'm ready for dragcross this weekend. ...3 runs and only 0.3 sec difference :rockon:
Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith »

My runs:
Saturday run 3: https://youtu.be/6FT7UR2aNwI
Sunday run 3: https://youtu.be/hbByhqYcfvA
83 AS 2008 Corvette Z06
31 STR Miata
RIP: 13 ASP 2002 911
RIP: 13 ST 1991 Saab 900