Regional 8 After-Action Discussion

Discussions related to Solo
Teufelshund

Regional 8 After-Action Discussion

Post by Teufelshund »

Great event today, everyone. Course was a blast! Here is the link to the results page. Points are at the top. I'll post my thoughts on some areas in need of improvement later.

http://www.etrscca.org/solo/2017-solo-results/
Brian Robbins
XP 45
ke0ki2k

Re: Regional 8 After-Action Discussion

Post by ke0ki2k »

Fantastic course today! Really challenging in the Z06, it was fun to chuck it into high speed offsets and try to put the power down in the sweepers. Thanks to everyone who helped put it on.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

I had a freaken blast, Not feeling bad and the course kept getten faster! Gwad what that would have meant an event or so ago. Dang Jimmy jumped out and got the Ross bunch. They will be back
Bob Colbert
JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith »

Shifter karts are fast and a whole different learning curve to everything else I've driven. Big thanks to Jason for the co-drive. I'm glad I didn't get raw timed by a street car. Shifting while driving one handed is kind of hard to coordinate.
83 AS 2008 Corvette Z06
31 STR Miata
RIP: 13 ASP 2002 911
RIP: 13 ST 1991 Saab 900
TedV

Post by TedV »

I'm kinda glad Dana kicked my butt to come out and play. I had a blast this weekend. :rockon:
JohnSmith wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:50 pm Shifter karts are fast and a whole different learning curve to everything else I've driven. Shifting while driving one handed is kind of hard to coordinate.
Welcome to the dark side. :twisted: I still feel I'm clueless and just hacking away at staying on course. Ain't it FUN? 8)
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Once again the board put together another great event.
Thanks to everyone.
The canopies were nice to have to keep cool and have refuge that wouldn't blow away.
I thought I drove well until I saw some of the other times. James was just flying out there on a street tired Z06...just crazy.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

JohnSmith wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:50 pm Shifter karts are fast and a whole different learning curve to everything else I've driven. Big thanks to Jason for the co-drive. I'm glad I didn't get raw timed by a street car. Shifting while driving one handed is kind of hard to coordinate.
Mwu ha ha. We keep you addicted $225 at a time. Kinda like a pusher, but less expensive overall.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

After being on hiatus for awhile this weekend was a great way for me to come back and play. The CASH CROSS was different and lot's of FUN. The points event on Sunday turned into a good T&T for me as I tried some new things and learned some. First time I tried running with a full tank of gas. Leaving the car in "D" for the last 4 runs improved my time by 4.5 seconds. The next event for me is a big one as I will be event chair for the first time looking forward to September 17th.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Well after we figured out that the shocks were no where near where they needed to be and after we got them close Mark cranked off a 52.7xx and my best was a 52.6xx, so I wished I had had a chance to run that course with those settings as esp set up is usually 2 seconds faster than the cam set up in my car, but a fun weekend of racing at BMS.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Received email this morning from Lee Daughtery on BMS

"men, that was a great tract. i keep saying this but i think my son
and i enjoyed that track the most. that was fast and fun. that is what
keeps people coming back. we go to a lot of different tracks and a lot
of them we won't go back. there is one problem here: you don't have
enough events at bristol. we go to pittsburgh in a week for great
lakes muscle car challenge and that was our all time favorite, not
anymore. the bristol events is our favorite. whom ever sets up the
bristol event track is doing a great job. thanks lee"
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

Gen52SS wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:48 am there is one problem here: you don't have
enough events at bristol.
Any discussion on this probably needs to be had on the Solo Committee forum.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Correct Brian, and I said all along BMS is our best site, but till we get more people coming to those events I don't see us having more than 4-6 even though I think we need to have all of them up there.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Teufelshund wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:49 am
Gen52SS wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:48 am there is one problem here: you don't have
enough events at bristol.
Any discussion on this probably needs to be had on the Solo Committee forum.
Yep, agreed. It's a big deal for us to do more up there, but without having a site as close to Knoxville as PSCC was, we really have to balance with Smokies or we run the risk of losing a lot of folks that don't want to drive to Bristol. It's a fine line.

That said, I'd drive to BMS for all of our locals if I had to, but I am an idiot. :)
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I'm just as big an idiot as you are Chris as I would drive to BMS for all of our locals as it would help all of etr people who travel to national events as that is the only lot we can do national caliber courses on.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Very fun, fast, and challenging course. Cathers continues to show me how much potential the C6Z has. I wish I could have made another half dozen runs at it.

As far as Bristol goes... If our only choices are Bristol and Smokies, I say we have them all at Bristol if possible. The drive sucks for those of us that were used to having Pellissippi practically in our back yard, but Smokies just has too many issues.

On a organizational note, lets not ever say we're taking a break/lunch/etc between heats. People scatter to the winds and it is a real pain to get the workers back and the next heat started no matter what time you tell them to return.
- Dave Disney