Event 3 after action

Discussions related to Solo
jcox07

Event 3 after action

Post by jcox07 »

I hope everyone had as much fun today as I did. Good weather and what I thought was a good flowing course. Good job by all to get 6 runs and be done by 3ish. Thanks to all who helped make this event a success.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
timray

Re: Event 3 after action

Post by timray »

Thx to all who make it happen. Course was so GIIDDY!! We had a blast as always.
The ride home was the most comfy ever. I will never drive a Miata 4 hours again.
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Big thanks to everyone who worked hard to put on a fantastic event. I enjoyed the course, a few spots that was super slow, but could not figure out what to do about it :). Great to see everyone there, 2 events in the same year! First time that has happened in a few years. I wish I could overlay my runs on top of Eric/Jason 's!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

....sucks to suck. worst event I can remember ever having. course was wicked though, just struggled with the visuals after that screaming fast right hander. Good to see Mr. Collett back out there shredding.

p.s. my first run was a DNF that they didn't call if anyone wants to fix that in the results. Still can't believe I was that out of sorts today, hopefully it was the lack of sleep or an odd star/moon alignment or something.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

SSM 96/196
steverife

Post by steverife »

Course was fun. Spun in the back section and broadsided a cone at an unfortunate spot and pushed in the bottom back edge of the front fender a couple inches, but I guess that is part of it. Besides that and coning everything, the day was great. Great to get Cathers in the car, great to see Collett, etc.

Really just trying to get comfortable with a car that moves around a lot at speed, so not too worried about cones at this point.

edit: Best scratch time in the car out of my 6 and James's 2 runs would have been 1.5 seconds off Corey in PAX. Ugh. Don't think we were making big mistakes other than getting slalom cones, either. :(
Last edited by steverife on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

That course was a blast. I was on Hoosier's at Smokies and a bit disappointed in them honestly. Once they got up to temp I was seeing plaid the car was moving so quick. There was a section in the rear behind the fence where the car would catch air and I would need to catch 3rd gear. It was ridiculously difficult and put a shit-eat'n-grin on my face every time. I think course workers got their exercise in :lol:

The car did start to pull power by our (collective) 10th run. Not sure what that was about.
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Agreed that was a good day. Since I now have heat in the tires all the time for the first time in 10 years I was playing with tire pressures on the later runs. I learned a little and Kieran almost caught me but for a bogged start on his fast run. I think it would have been close if he'd gotten a good start. Pro tip: don't forget to be in 1st gear to start.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
steverife

Post by steverife »

Cody's car was a blast to ride in. One of these days, I need to catch a ride in Eric's car....
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Coming down from the very back and making the right hander that headed you down the middle section was a blast as the car would do just a little slide and then shoot straight out. I wished I had video from head on to show it cause it looked very cool watching Ryan and Mark and Randy come around that corner and the car just slide right out where it needed to be to get around that pointer cone and shoot straight down the middle section hauling a$$...
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

jcox07 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:33 am Coming down from the very back and making the right hander that headed you down the middle section was a blast as the car would do just a little slide and then shoot straight out. I wished I had video from head on to show it cause it looked very cool watching Ryan and Mark and Randy come around that corner and the car just slide right out where it needed to be to get around that pointer cone and shoot straight down the middle section hauling a$$...
Can you send me video of my runs?
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

It will be this evening Ryan but I will.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

jcox07 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:55 am It will be this evening Ryan but I will.
Thanks you sir
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
flier129

Post by flier129 »

90civichb wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:53 am Once they got up to temp I was seeing plaid the car was moving so quick. There was a section in the rear behind the fence where the car would catch air and I would need to catch 3rd gear. It was ridiculously difficult and put a shit-eat'n-grin on my face every time. I think course workers got their exercise in :lol:
:rockon: Car is a blast, thanks again for the co-drive.

Auto-x is still awesome to do, always a challenge. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Thanks to everyone who supported this event! :D
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
Bob Ross

Post by Bob Ross »

Another great event in the books, thanks to everyone that makes it happen. What a awesome course super fun to watch. We just didn't have anything for the top two cars but was super exciting to watch Chris trying to catch them..

Bob Ross XP42