Event 6 after action

Discussions related to Solo
jcox07

Event 6 after action

Post by jcox07 »

Good event except for help with picking up cones after the runs were over. Thanks out to Dave Whitener for helping with the course and sticking around to help some others during their runs. 6 runs and done by 2:30, very good job everyone
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
Teufelshund

Re: Event 6 after action

Post by Teufelshund »

I should have said something about it over the radio before everyone dispersed, I just didn't think about it. There were plenty of people standing around after the event, so that definitely shouldn't have happened. I'll try to remember to designate a couple of corner chiefs to grab the van and make rounds as soon as the last car is off course.

Overall, I thought the event ran smoothly. I had one small hiccup in timing, but my auditor was on top of it, so it wasn't a big deal. The trailer position worked out very well. Trailer positioning is always very important, but even more so with a course that had as many cone calls and DNF's as we had today. There's no way we would have been able to keep up if we were only able to see a car or two at the start.

The course was a lot of fun. I was never able to get the back section just right, but it was definitely my favorite part of the course. Great job everyone, and thanks to all who made it happen.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
TedV

Post by TedV »

If the Fkn rodents hadn't Fkn chewed the fuel line I would have made the event and done my usual assist in loading cones. Really sorry I missed the event,
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
steverife

Post by steverife »

The course was super fun. Even the tight stuff at the beginning drove well, IMO.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Agreed that the course was a lot of fun, especially for the Miotter's maiden voyage. I can't believe I didn't cone with those wide wheels on a (relatively, for me) wide vehicle. It was another of those 'it drove better than it walked' courses. I wish I'd remembered my helmet and helmet cam.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I must drive a totally different line than anybody else up there... I liked the design of the course.. but it crashed my car so hard in 3 different spots that between the hot lapping of 3 min turnaround in drivers and the bumps... last two times parking in grid,the car gave 2 bounces on stopping. front dampers too hot to touch,hardly any damping action..
Now the steering wheel is off center by about 20 degrees.

I just couldnt stay clean at the finish for nothing! :lol:

we really need to find those bumps and make every effort to miss them at the BIG SHOW!
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

John Brown wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:50 am I must drive a totally different line than anybody else up there... I liked the design of the course.. but it crashed my car so hard in 3 different spots that between the hot lapping of 3 min turnaround in drivers and the bumps... last two times parking in grid,the car gave 2 bounces on stopping. front dampers too hot to touch,hardly any damping action..
Now the steering wheel is off center by about 20 degrees.

I just couldnt stay clean at the finish for nothing! :lol:

we really need to find those bumps and make every effort to miss them at the BIG SHOW!
The hot lapping was killing Brian and me. There was only one other two-drive car besides us and we were lucky to get 2 min between runs
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

There was a big bump in the middle of the first left hand sweeper. Phil Smith's 911 would get a lot of air with his left front tire there that wasn't just from front end roll stiffness. I hadn't thought about checking shock temperatures after a run. Maybe I should think about spraying the shocks as well as the tires between runs.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
Bob Ross

Post by Bob Ross »

We had a great time, Chris liked the course a lot for 100% rain the weather turned out great and home by 4:15 See you all between the cones.

Bob Ross 42
Tech Chief
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

Dave and I couldn't cool the tires off fast enough with so little time between drivers, we needed some more time in there. Other than that it was a good event, course was surprisingly fun albeit kind of frustrating - I feel like I left a ton of time out there, there was a bunch of time to be had on that last section coming to the finish if you were brave and lucky. Glad I at least got one clean run in :lol: run one tires were cold, couldnt put power down and I almost DNF'd in the showcase turn-around, run 2 it felt great but I was being careful to stay way off cones, run 3 was a drift fest because they were overheated.
Last edited by ke0ki2k on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

ke0ki2k wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:36 pm I feel like I left a ton of time out there
Same. I felt like I was flying. Car finally felt fast (for Falkens), but...

- I kept upsetting the car in the walloms and couldn't power down the way I wanted in the lefthanded sweeper around the fence.
- Everyone drove a tighter line than I wanted in the very far corner, so I kept getting in the grit and pushing out and adding an input to get back.
- I kept getting late entering the very last slalom and had to give it up to get back on line. That's where I coned my 49.4 on my last run.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Fastech

Post by Fastech »

steverife wrote:
ke0ki2k wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:36 pm I feel like I left a ton of time out there
Same. I felt like I was flying. Car finally felt fast (for Falkens), but...

- I kept upsetting the car in the walloms and couldn't power down the way I wanted in the lefthanded sweeper around the fence.
- Everyone drove a tighter line than I wanted in the very far corner, so I kept getting in the grit and pushing out and adding an input to get back.
- I kept getting late entering the very last slalom and had to give it up to get back on line. That's where I coned my 49.4 on my last run.
Damn, 49.4 on Falkens? That’s hauling ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brian Flanagan
FastechAutoBrokers.com
Serial ConeKilla!
E46 M3 SCCA BSP/NASA TTB
05 X5 4.8is with a hitch
04 XR650R for running over trees
Stingon

Post by Stingon »

I was looking up the times for a friend in Novice this past Sunday and noticed that all of thier raw times are posted as both thier final times and thier PAX summary times. Was a PAX applied to the Novices Sunday?

Doug
Doug Porter

1999 Miata, emerald green
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Novices compete based on raw time now:

http://www.etrscca.org/solo/cars-classes/
- Dave Disney