So who wants to help me start a racing TV channel?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

I didn't mean for it to be taken literally. I know JPM had a decent season but he really didn't stand up well to Kimi's performance. I mean, last to FIRST?! That's crazy talent. And yes, I've heard rumors of Kimi tossing over to Ferrari but how many crazy rumors do we always here? F1 is all rumors. 35% or less that happen to be true. I just can't see Kimi walking away to Ferrari especially right after they signed a new driver. Schumi isn't leaving anytime soon, no matter what anyone says. He'll stay as long as he can or until he has another season like this one.[/quote]

Yeah, its always difficult to convey sarcasm on a Message board. Schumi still has the talent, it was the car and tire package that let him down. Still, he is in his 30s, and if he another lack luster season I wouldn't be surprised if he hung it up. Kimi to Ferrari makes no sense - most of the people that have made that team a success will probably leave when Schumi decides to retire.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Steve-o wrote: Lambo had a team in the early 90s. They blew up a lot.
As I said! :lol:

But yeah. If Schumi left... Ferrari would go straight down the crapper. They'd get owned. All his personal people would have no reason to stay. I mean... after all of that, would you stay on the hopes that you might win some?
Stephen Wilson

Mustangracer

Post by Mustangracer »

if schumi gets competitive equipment ryan hell be able to win untill his 50's. There were a lot of drivers in their 50's who were still competitive when they left (Dale Earnhardt Sr., Rusty Wallace, Mark MArtin, need I name any more?)
Randolph "Randy" Rawl
302 CID Mustang GT Convertible
NFS 420
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

:lol2:
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Ohhhh man. That's hilarious. You really think a 50 year old man would have the reactions to pilot an F1 car? You think driving a stock car is easier? I mean, no disrespect to stock car guys.. I'd get pwnt... but c'mon. You think he'd stand a snowball's chance against the young guns like Kimi, Fernando, Scott and Heikke? FERNANDO ALONSO IS 25! Think about that for a second. He's barely older than me (and I think it's safe to say that I'm one of the young 'uns) and he is the champion of the world.
Stephen Wilson

scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Paul Neuman came in 6th in a trans am race or some race like it at age 81!!!! Let's not be dissing the old folks.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

yeah, but he makes salad dressing and spaghetti sauce, so it's all good.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

scottgib wrote:Paul Neuman came in 6th in a trans am race or some race like it at age 81!!!! Let's not be dissing the old folks.
Not to slam on anybody but driving a 200+ mph go-kart around some of the world's most challenging tracks is a wee bit different from a Trans-am car, or spec-NASCAR, for that matter.

I remember years ago when Fittipaldi came over here and whooped up on most of the Indy cars (the real ones, not the puss ones they have now) after he wasn't fast enough in F1 anymore.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
larry

Petition re SpeedTV

Post by larry »

Larry Huff
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#1)
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#2)
2005 Acura TL Anthracite
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Sorry Larry, I already posted that link on this thread. :D Pg.2
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

MARKP wrote:
scottgib wrote:Paul Neuman came in 6th in a trans am race or some race like it at age 81!!!! Let's not be dissing the old folks.
Not to slam on anybody but driving a 200+ mph go-kart around some of the world's most challenging tracks is a wee bit different from a Trans-am car, or spec-NASCAR, for that matter.

I remember years ago when Fittipaldi came over here and whooped up on most of the Indy cars (the real ones, not the puss ones they have now) after he wasn't fast enough in F1 anymore.

Exactly. Some of the top Champ Car drivers have tried their luck at F1 and couldn't get above 14th or 15th... on a 20 car grid where at least 3 crash. It's just an entirely different league.
Stephen Wilson

dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

As Scott said, don't be dissing us old folks but I have to say some of us do age better than others. In 1977, at age 24, I was ETR GS champion but today I have to keep going to school to remember how to drive and my reflexes are not as good as they were then.

Juan-Manuel Fangio won his fifth F1 championship in 1957 at the age of 46. His Maserati may not have had the power of today's F1 cars but it did not have the tires or ground effects either. He is one who aged well.

Dewey
vwbud

Post by vwbud »

Without ground effects and the sticky tires of today's race cars, I think that would be a little easier on the body in a physical sense. they weren't getting pulled and pushed around with the same force as today's drivers.

Nothing against the paul newmans and especially nothing against the fangios out there, but i just think that in today's f1 cars, someone eligible for an aarp card would not be able to win.

I remember reading something when i was a kid about Alain Prost. He used to have 2 sets of dress shirts. One for the off season, and one for during the season. It seems that during the season, his neck muscles would get so much bigger from the g-forces that his shirt collar size would increase as much as 2 inches throughout the season. And I still have people tell me that drivers aren't athletes...
-Buddy Ahlers
'03 Audi A4
'84 Rabbit convertible
'82 Rabbit L
'73 Std. Beetle
'68 Beetle convertible
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I remember last year, after the Daytona 24, Paul Newman was on with Jay Leno and Leno asked what the heck he was doing racing in that race at his age. Newman replied, "Trying to maintain a pulse."
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story