Course walking?

Discussions related to Solo
glennwhiskey

Course walking?

Post by glennwhiskey »

What is the clubs policy for using a scooter to complete the course walk? I am unable to walk the distance of the course due to medical issues. If it is prohibited, would it be acceptable to break the rule and compete just for fun? Thanks, Glenn Weber
TedV

Re: Course walking?

Post by TedV »

Touch base with event staff, safety folks is usually best before you hit the course. You are allowed to travel the course at walking speed on mobility aids like scooter, bike, golf cart, etc. if you have mobility issues. It's in the rule book somewhere.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
JP4931

Post by JP4931 »

glennwhiskey wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:06 pm What is the clubs policy for using a scooter to complete the course walk? I am unable to walk the distance of the course due to medical issues. If it is prohibited, would it be acceptable to break the rule and compete just for fun? Thanks, Glenn Weber
Glen I do hope to see you at a event soon. I have been wondering where you have been. I am in the same situation with a bad knee that just got even worse a few weeks ago. I was out of work 12 days and had to use a walker to even get around for several days. I did talk to JY and he said it was ok for us to use our scooters if need be. I do not think I could walk the whole course at all.
Jamie Parton
21 Cayman GTS 4.0
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I am also working on getting a golf cart to allow folks to use that need to due to injuries and that will help those that do not have a scooter or would hurt themselves even more with one. JY
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500