Flat Rock USA to replace OR Motorsports Park

Discussions related to SCCA Road Racing, Time Trials, and PDX.
Scoob

Re: Flat Rock USA to replace OR Motorsports Park

Post by Scoob »

Yeah, they had/have high hopes about being an exclusive club with a track but I think they've seen the market for that wasn't as big as needed to sustain the venture. One of the HDPE groups had something scheduled for early fall. Not sure of that status since prep took significantly longer than planned and paving just started.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I know several organizations have been talking to them, SCCA being one. I have heard AMP was initially supposed to be high-end only and they had to scale back to get the participation needed. Maybe we will see Flat Rock do the same. I think the super high end is still their current target.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
SteveH27

Post by SteveH27 »

The Southeast Division of NASA already has dates booked at Flatrock. So expect they will have dates available for other organizations.

Remember too that they will ultimately have two tracks. A club track for member use and a "pro" track for use by other organizations like NASA, SCCA and trackday operators. The pro track is designed and built to FIA standards and is intended to be able to support Pro series like IMSA.

We should have no problem getting dates. The real question at this point is cost.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Yeah Flatrock could really do a much better job about the PR around the "club". It's obvious that track day orgs and sanctioning bodies will have some level of access. It probably won't be cheap track time, but it will happen. My guess is 2 weekends per month may be exclusive to members...something like that. But the others will be for other orgs.

Yet, on every social posts all the comments are from people saying "this is only for rich people", and Flatrock does 0 to try to respond and clear that up, which I find puzzling.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I just got an email from Eric at Flat Rock inviting me to the grand opening on Dec 19th and I will probably go just to see what they have to offer if anything as far as TTN and time trials. Hopefully we will get a better rate or understanding what or how or when scca will get the chance to host events. JY
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Sounds great. As an FYI Chin has their date as "Sept TBD" in 2024.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Nice. Fingers crossed for reasonable rates.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

ETR and SCCA national have been in contact with them. We will see what can be worked out. Stay tuned!
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

jcox07 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:33 am I just got an email from Eric at Flat Rock inviting me to the grand opening on Dec 19th and I will probably go just to see what they have to offer if anything as far as TTN and time trials. Hopefully we will get a better rate or understanding what or how or when scca will get the chance to host events. JY
Jeff - how did the grand opening go? Anything worth sharing?

I would love to do a trackday once dates are set.
2011 ETR SCCA never made it to an event Champion
2001 Camaro SS Convertible - LS1, 6-speed, GMPP HotCam, Full Exhaust, Konis, Springs, Sways, Roll Cage, Wilwood Brakes.