Autocross school is full, but....

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
rocracing2001

Autocross school is full, but....

Post by rocracing2001 »

:o
I have seen several e-mails about the local school being full, but I have one question. Would you pay $200 for one of the best school's in America? If you would signup to run on of the evolution schools that will be in Atlanta or Louisville. This is a great school and I don't know anybody that has taken this school that has not gotten something from it. You want seat time? You want to get faster, smoother, quicker? Then step up to the plate and sign up. Go to :arrow: autocross.com/evolution/

Pilson and I went to one last year and had a great time and they are instructors like six time national champ John Thomas and the great Dan Popp. If you remembor the dogwood granprix you would remembor Dan he is the guy that beat all of us every year, year after year. Talk to Jean and let her know you want to go to school.
Robert Carpenter
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I'll second Robert on this... the seat time alone (40+ runs) is worth the money, but you get top notch instructors on top of that. You get about a season's worth of seat time in one day.

I had been attending one every year just to knock the rust off (plus you always pick up something new), but haven't had time to make one the last couple of years.

Definitely try to do a Phase 2.

Robert, any contacts for getting a Phase 3 around here somewhere? I checked the schedule a few weeks ago and the nearest Phase 3 is way too far to drive.
- Dave Disney
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Yes, both phases are worth it. I personally got a little more from the Phase 2 as it is designed to work on what was one of my bigger problems... not looking ahead far enough.

I think you have to take the Phase 1 first anyway.
- Dave Disney
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I'll second (or third) the great instruction you get at these schools. For FWD guys, John Thomas is THE MAN! I think he only does phase 2 schools but anyone will get something out of the phase 1 school unless you go there with the attitude that you aren't going to listen. I learned a lot at phase 1 and a lot more at phase 2. BTW, I took phase 1 about two years ago, which is after I had been autocrossing for 10 years.

These schools are definitely worth the money. Don't go with tires that are worn out because you will get a ton of seat time. There were several people that corded tires (myself included) at the last event I went to because our tires were too worn. Lucky for me, I brought an extra set of wheels in case this happened.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

So, tack a new round of rubber, gas and hotel onto the $200.
(plus any time you may have to take off of work.)
From everyone I've ever talked to, including non-ETR people, it's STILL Worth It.
One of these days when I have the cash, I'll DEFINITELY join in the fun.
'Til then, I pick up what I can from the folks who HAVE gone.
Nonetheless, second-hand lessons just aren't the same....
:)
Focus on FASTER!!!!