Thanks for a great school!

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
EliseAutoXr

Thanks for a great school!

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Thanks to Curt and Chris for hosting and all of the instructors... especially John B and Mark P for helping me. I did not think I could have more fun that the course on Sat ... but reverse was even more fun for me, I loved sliding into the start of the slalom, that was cool.
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
Tyler H

Post by Tyler H »

I had a blast and learned a lot. I dropped a huge amount of time on Saturday in spite of a control arm problem that I discovered late in the day that aggrivated the squirrely nature of the car. I thought it was much more stable today, but I guess that's all relative. :lol:
Brian

Post by Brian »

A BIG thanks to the Saturday workers, too! :D You guys did a great job keeping things moving for such a small group.
Brian Hatten
AS 92
'11 CaymanS
Scuffcakes

Post by Scuffcakes »

+1 for the workers. Thanks guys. Big thanks to Robert, Doug, Mark M. and Chris for showing me the speed I should be getting outta the car. Thanks Robert and Doug for getting me started doing it. And a big thanks to the whole gang for making it all so fun.
David Guffey
97 Miata - STS #40
99 Miata - Nicest beater I've ever had
88 4Runner - Trusty, rusty trail-sled
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Hey everyone..Im sorry I didnt make it today.. We decided tohave one of my lil girls B-day cake deal today...so guess what had priority???

I hope all my RWD students enjoyed the course today...Me and Robert drove it lats night....and we knew it was going to be a HOOT !!!!!!

It was the fastest blind apex course Iv ever drove here locally. It really was a lot like a National type layout.

Thanks for all my students for paying lots of attention to my "trust me....keep the lil skinny pedal pushed" training style.. I told you Larry,it would stick... :)

Shawn G. what can I say??? all 4 wheels jez aint supposed to drive.....;) he scooled me on this one.....hahaha

THANKS Bradly........nuff said. :)

jb
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Was there a result in the LOOSIER vs. KUMHO R-compound battle?
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

no..when me and Robert were about to test...they had taken down all the timing equip. ..... :(

still no conclusion...
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

John Brown wrote:no..when me and Robert were about to test...they had taken down all the timing equip. ..... :(

still no conclusion...
Keep dodgin' that bullet, Mr. Hoosier would be proud! :)
Budman

Post by Budman »

Just like to pitch in my thanks to everyone that helped make this happen. I at least had an inkling about what the instructors where trying to teach me this year! :lol: I learned a lot of stuff and actually just finished writing up notes to help me remember stuff. Those two courses were the most fun I've ever had yet.....here's to having SPACE!

Back...Back...Back!

Look over there...way over there! Now look way over there!

Gassing it tames the loose rear end! (on a fwd car anyways!)

Thanks guys...BIG TIME! Gonna be another fun year in STS me thinks!
Last edited by Budman on Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
Budman

Post by Budman »

TonyBolton wrote:Was there a result in the LOOSIER vs. KUMHO R-compound battle?

(Street tires)

Mark found the Kumho's fastest, but just by a hair over the Azenis RT-615's. The Hankook's weren't up to the same level as those two.
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

I wish I could have been there. Trust me. I'm sure it was better than what I went through in Panama.
Stephen Wilson

larry

Post by larry »

Thanks to everyone that made this school possible, particularly all the workers that stayed out there all day Saturday. Curt and Chris, the organization and fast pace was phenomenal. I enjoyed both courses but today's was the best ever. Great thanks to John B...the little skinny pedal works wonders and the car does stick more than I ever thought possible. Also great thanks to Mark P...It was amazing to go through the slalom today after your showing me how to do it yesterday. Robert, your exhortations at the beginning and during the breaks were inspirational. I think everyone improved over these two days. Brian, get some legal wheels so we can have a real competitive CS year :twisted: .
Larry Huff
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#1)
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#2)
2005 Acura TL Anthracite
Miata 37

Post by Miata 37 »

Thanks, thanks and more thanks! Adrenaline for hours! What a deal this school was. A big thanks to Robert for turning my head when I couldn't seem to do it myself. It's amazing how much faster one can be when seeing where they're going instead of where they're at :shock: Now for an lsd...
davemex

Post by davemex »

I'd like to jump in on the "thank you's" as well... I learned more from going to this event than I probably ever could one autox at a time. I hope to see everyone around in the future!
David Wiley (AKA Mex)

STX 59
White '05 WRX
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I appreciate all the workers that showed up to help out. Especially Bill Holt. Also to scott Gibson. He was a student and still did more than his share of the work.

Also thanks to everyone that has expressed an interest in learning more about how events are run. It relaly helps when there are a lot of people that are comfortable running the AxWare on teh laptop....I'm sure D & D get tired of it.

Thanks to everyone also for letting me drive all those cars today - Scuffcakes, JB, Bradley Allen (most expensive car I've ever driven), Stu, Tyler Hamilton, Doug Allen, Curt & Heather.

And a big thanks to Mish for going to get teh food and drinks etc.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3