Great day at Smokies Stadium!

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
OvenMitts

Post by OvenMitts »

Well, I thought the course was great. I love it when they last longer than 30 seconds. I still don't know what bumps everyone is talking about
Matt Tomlinson
1996 Subenstein
2002 Golf TDI
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

In the clubs own discription of what an autocross is, it says, "...and hazards to participants and property do not exceed those encountered in normal, legal highway driving."

I felt a lot safer on course than I did going home. (could have been because I was going so slow on course :oops: ) Good event JB.

The only way to find the perfect place to race and not worry about loosing the lot is to build it ourselves. :wink:
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

So it's completely settled! JB=MOST UNSAFE PERSON TO EVER AUTOCROSS!!!! :rockon:

:lol: hahahahahaaa
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Hey....yall went in with your eyes Wide Open !!! I said at the Drivers meeting............ "I aint da one"

:lol: :wink: :roll: :shock:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
4Davey

Post by 4Davey »

Well I don't know about the Mustang V6, but Ol' Dale was in the low 30's coming up the hill.( I was slow enough that I had time to look, O.K. glance at the speedo) :oops:

But ya know what after all this discussion... ETR STILL ROCKS!!! :rockon: :rockon:

I have meet a few people from Chatt and ATL and I would choose to hang out with any of you guys any time!!! And Tim is still ETR no matter where he lives.

OH wait, I forgot RR :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: Nevermind.
'78 Volvo Yellow (Lance) He's Baaaaaack!
'84 Volvo 245 Turbo White(Lightning)
"83 Volvo 242 Turbo Black (Thunder)
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

volvosrule wrote:Well I don't know about the Mustang V6, but Ol' Dale was in the low 30's coming up the hill.( I was slow enough that I had time to look, O.K. glance at the speedo) :oops:

But ya know what after all this discussion... ETR STILL ROCKS!!! :rockon: :rockon:

I have meet a few people from Chatt and ATL and I would choose to hang out with any of you guys any time!!! And Tim is still ETR no matter where he lives.

OH wait, I forgot RR :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: Nevermind.

I'll always be an ETR member! I'm hoping to move back to East TN someday.
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

volvosrule wrote:Well I don't know about the Mustang V6..
THat V6 has a big 6.13 final drive! It gets up and GOES, but only goes to about 70mph! :P
kinada423

Post by kinada423 »

Any race is safe as long as you aren't codriving with this guy!

http://metacool.typepad.com/metacool/20 ... arh_1.html
02 Silver WRX
SM
4Davey

Post by 4Davey »

Rubbin' is racin'!! :P
'78 Volvo Yellow (Lance) He's Baaaaaack!
'84 Volvo 245 Turbo White(Lightning)
"83 Volvo 242 Turbo Black (Thunder)
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

No way is the stadium site better than Adesa, but it seems to work. I certainly was not worried about the islands, but the bumps suck. I thought the course was good. There were spots that did a mind job on me, and I wish I had gone faster through them. Oh well.

Damn, why can't we have a site like Nashville has. :evil:
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

I didn't mean to cause such a stink. I just don't think it is safe and within the rules whether you are straight or not.
2013 WRX
larry

Post by larry »

That course felt absolutely safe to me...but I've just got a skinny little ole Miater. I did not feel the bumps, the islands were not a factor, and the u-turn at the bottom was a blast once I got it close to right. I was just beginning to hit the rev limiter coming up the hill, about 55 in 2nd. I second JB for president :twisted:
Larry Huff
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#1)
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#2)
2005 Acura TL Anthracite
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

A couple of months ago when Robert (sorry to pull your name into this) protested the course in FL for being too fast many people were saying that this would be a good thing and would open regions eyes on course design and the rules. Then we have a course that clearly is not within rules. I know that the rule states that a pass should normally not be within 25 feet of a solid object. I don't think they put that normally in there so that we can be 5-10 feet away from an object. Sorry to make so many people upset but this is my opinion. If you want to rag me for my opinion then proceed. But, going thru the medians is not within SCCA rules.
2013 WRX
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Shawn....we aint gonna rag ya man....

But I ran a Divisional in Ga. in 99 and the course went thru islands just like we did,but at a faster pace.

Hey ..thats what these boards are for..as long as folks dont get stupit and vulgar.
I appreciate your concern and your point of view on the course design...

jb
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

I am really not trying to knock your course at all. You are not the 1st one to design a course that went thru the islands. I thought that the course was fast and fun and would definately do it again. Obviously my concern is the islands. I hated the bumps on the course also but really don't care about them at all. What the heck can you do about bumps. Just run over them and have fun and get over it. But, I do believe we can do something about the islands (back to Trey's idea of jack hammering them). :lol: :lol: :lol:
2013 WRX