Racing bucket/Harness

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Keith H.

Racing bucket/Harness

Post by Keith H. »

I know a few of you have a racing seat/harness. I am about to purchase a seat/harness, my question is where did you guys get them? I have looked a few places online, most prices are the same.. I am looking a getting a corbeau forza, and a corbeau or sparco harness. Just wanted to get some second opinions berfore I buy.

thanks guys-

ps. its going in my 88 crx si, hopefuly after this and the new brakes I will be able to autocross again. I really miss it :cry:
88 CRXsi
04 Mazda3
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

I had a corbeau forza seat in my old car. I liked it. They are light but not the most comfortable seat if you are going to drive it a lot or a daily driver. I just used a lap belt. I used to were a harness but then I tried just a lap belt and liked it much better. You can move your sholders freely.
Good luck,
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
Keith H.

Post by Keith H. »

Thanks Mark,
Yeah its not my daily driver anymore, I just got an 2004 mazda 3.:D
I would like to autox it a few times but I promised my girlfriend I would stick with the CRX.
I was wondering the differences in harness, I have seen the ones that say they are for two seaters. Do you have to have a cage to fix them to or can you just bolt them to somewhere in the back of the car? All the plastic is gone in the rear, it's completely srtipped.

thanks-
Keith
88 CRXsi
04 Mazda3
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

If you run a harness assy., you may wanna look at one of these.....

http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant2/m ... _Code=GB4R

I did not notice one specifically for your car, but c'mon......its a BAR with two connecting points on the end. Surely one can be fabbed up for no more than 40$

If you do no use a harness bar, your best bet is to try and keep the over shoulder attatchement points as flat as possible.... i.e. do not bolt them down to the back seat mount bolts. I believe in my Corbeau harness install instructions, it states the belts need to be connected at no less than a 45*angle.

Good luck....
Keith H.

Post by Keith H. »

Thanks Tony.
Ok Im going with the forza seat but, which harness???? Tony do you remeber the model number or name of yours? I plan on getting a cage eventually, just don't know exactly which harness would work better in the CRX. There is really no place to bolt on in the back of the car.

Thanks again.

Keith-
88 CRXsi
04 Mazda3
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

I just got a CORBEAU harness.......figured it matched the seat. I guess if you wanted a nice pimp-daddy harness, you'd get one of those cam-lock 3" harness' with the submarine belt option.

My 4-point works for me, and it has a nice OE belt buckle style latch.

I remember looking in Lionel Kent HondaChallenge car, and he had some harness' that extend all the way to like the rear strut tower brace or something. Maybe you could get like a combo welded in strut tower bar/harness bar combo like that? I guess just all depends on how hardcore ya' wanna get.
Keith H.

Post by Keith H. »

Cool, yeah i was thinking of going to ACC to see what they could do as far as a harness bar goes. I used to know a guy named Darrel, that did cages and stuff for Skip at German Auto(before they closed) he quoted me like 300 for a four point cage with a harness bar and x brace once. I wish i had his number.?

Damn all this cause my driver seat broke. heh :?
88 CRXsi
04 Mazda3
Steven

Post by Steven »

I ordered my Corbeau seats from http://www.sportscar-parts.com/

They are almost always running a special where if you buy the rails at the same time as the seat you get the rails at 1/2 price.

I ordered my 3" camlock harnesses from http://www.racerwholesale.com/ They usually have a sell on one of the brands they carry for ~$100 a piece.
MP5_57

Post by MP5_57 »

I got my Sabelt 3" harnesses from www.primmracing.com They usually have sales on them too. I got mine including antisubmarine belt for $175 shipped. That is for the Sabelt 3" harnesses with cam lock FIA approved.
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I get mine (five point Latch type) from http://www.summitracing.com for $69.00

Latch Type

I think they have the cam-lock type for $139.
- Dave Disney
Keith H.

Post by Keith H. »

Thanks guys! I think that I'm going with the 3" cam lock corbeau harness since it has the bolt in or wrap around option. I think that Im gettting a cage sooner that I thought. :D

I might acutally get to race this season, just need to do breaks next.
Again thanks for all the info.

Keith-
88 CRXsi
04 Mazda3