Atlanta region autcross question?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
rocracing2001

Atlanta region autcross question?

Post by rocracing2001 »

:twisted:

I dont know if everybody knows that if you plan on attending Atlanta's events you have to register for the event no later than Friday before the event on-line. This causes a big problem :!:

I first got started autocrossing about 10 years ago and realy autocrossed more than 15 years ago just because a guy told me about it. That person was Mark Pilson that little shit, but Mark said that I should try this new kind of racing. Well I think you know that I did along with a number of other membors in our region. Mark and I have been to alot of events over the last 10 years and have alot of trophies to show for it, but if I would have had to register before I could have attended my first autocross I mite not have done it. I think we should have a club that welcomes new membors not excludes membors. This will have a negative effect on membors in general, and with more membors in Atlanta that means more membors for all of us to. Let me ask you this question what if you descide to go to Atlanta at the last minute then you mite as well stay home because you missed the dead line. What if your computer dies, or if you think you registered for the event and did something wrong and they did not get your info in time and you made the trip. I would be pissed off like no bodys business. I think we all should register for the Atlanta's events and see how that would work.

What do you think? :idea:
Robert
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

I think we should allow walk-ups for most of the reasons you gave. But, this doesn't preclude encouraging pre-registration with a discount.

Atlanta may figure that they have too many entries as is.

If we continue to grow at the rate we are now, we may think the same thing. But instead of limiting entries by some unfriendly method, I think it means we should be creative in finding ways to let more people participate in the sport. A number of things come to mind, but the key is finding good sites.

This subject deseves more thought, debate, and most likely some action.

Thanks for bringing it up.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson