wheel bore questions

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
mrsoul55

wheel bore questions

Post by mrsoul55 »

Hey everyone - I bought some wheels from a '99 miata that I plan on using on my civic only for autox use. The bolt pattern is the same so I made the mistake of assuming they would just pop right on to my car. But the wheel bore on the miata is too small so they don't fit on the hub on my civic. So I need to find a place that can machine the wheels and increase the bore. Does anyone know of any good places here in Knoxville? I called around yesterday and someone recommend Fleming Machine Shop. Has anyone dealt with them?
One more question. The size and width of the miata wheels are the same as my stock wheels and the offset is in the allowable range. Will increasing the bore move me out of stock class? I don't see any reference to wheel bore in the rules but I wanted to double check. Thanks for all the help.
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Robert Carpenter had his wheels bored. Mike Accard did it and I would have never guess that it was done. It looked factory. It is legal. Maybe Robert will look at this and give you some info.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Mikes phone # is 1 800 889 2284 OR 567 0817

Or try Bill at B&R 573-7109.He machined my kiesers to fit another car.