CG Lock???

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
steverife

CG Lock???

Post by steverife »

anybody have any experiences with these?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

I have one and I know the Mike and Rick McCarthy have one in there car. I like mine. It is not as good as a lap belt but it is pretty darn close. Very easy to take on and off. Sometimes to easy with my car. But overall I think it is worth it.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Dewey has one in his car and I tried it out at the school. Works great, in my opinion.

The $40 cost may seem high when you look at it being just a piece of metal you attach to the existing belt. However, that is about 1/2 the cost of buying a cheap racing harness which is the other alternative.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

I love my CGLock. It keeps my butt in the seat and I did not have to drill any holes in my car. When I bought mine, CGLock offered a discount on a second one. The second one was about half price. If they still offer this deal, you guys can save money sharing an order.

Dewey
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Hmmm, guess I should have taken GRM up on the ones they were giving away in Flordia :roll:
- Dave Disney
tscott

Post by tscott »

Yeah that's what I was thinking. That guy was practically trying to pay someone to take that one of of his hands.
Tyler Scott
Steven

Post by Steven »

Does it just keep your seatbelt from having slack in it when you aren't on the brakes? If so, just twist your seatbelt a few times before you buckle up, the lap part will be MUCH tighter and will not go loose.
dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

Steven wrote:Does it just keep your seatbelt from having slack in it when you aren't on the brakes? If so, just twist your seatbelt a few times before you buckle up, the lap part will be MUCH tighter and will not go loose.
This may work but it could cause injury in a crash. It is best to keep the belt with its full two inch width flat against your body to disipate energy over a wider area of your body if the worst happens. Also, a twisted belt will experience increased stress under load meaning that it could be broken with less force.

The CG Lock is not marketed as a safety device but should not prevent the belt from working properly in a crash. It clamps to the buckle and the belt is routed across a knurled cam. You pull the slack out of the lap portion of the belt and the cam will hold the lap part of the belt tight until you release it.

Anyone that is interested should take a look at mine on Sunday. The only down side I have found is that it keeps the belt from retracting completely so I have to remember to tuck the belt out of the way before I shut the door when I exit the car.

Dewey