Great event.

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

I enjoyed the course today too! Good thing for me that Plison and Scott pre-ran the course in my car. They decided to move a few cones after that, and I thank you for it. Wider is better! :D
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

scottgib wrote:Now if I could really design a course for a specific car I could make some money. :shock: :P :P Did you notice Gebbia's time? Or Brian Hatten's for that matter.
Thanks Scott. I will pay you at the next event. Since we already had a complaint about results......maybe I can complain and get my results changed to AS pax. :lol: :lol: :lol:
2013 WRX
4Davey

Post by 4Davey »

Scott, It was a great course!! I liked the slalom into a 90. Seven runs,an hour of fun runs,and the trailer loaded and outta there at 4. Now THATS a great day.
Thanks Greg for returning the trailer!!! 8)
Man am I glad I ain't in STS. Way to much smack talkin for me. :shock:

Tim congrates on the HS title this year. I wish everyone was as fun to run with in ATL. Above all I am glad to count you as a friend. I hope you can come back for 5 events next year. :P
'78 Volvo Yellow (Lance) He's Baaaaaack!
'84 Volvo 245 Turbo White(Lightning)
"83 Volvo 242 Turbo Black (Thunder)
MarshallMX5

Post by MarshallMX5 »

Sounds like a great day, sad I missed it.
'92 Miata #27 SM2
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

volvosrule wrote: Man am I glad I ain't in STS. Way to much smack talkin for me. :shock:
I am not sure what you mean....??
Derek Smacked us ALL Down... On the Season.
Nobody could have displaced him, no matter what happened today, or in the next event at O.R.
If you are referencing MY talking, I am just happy to have beaten him after he has pulled a stray Killer Run out of the air on run 5, 6, or 7 in at least 4 events to leave me Winless... By the TINIEST of Margins...
With all of the Whipping that he has done in that lightweight car, beating him is QUITE an Accomplishment.
Thanks to Scott for a course with a "Secret" Sweet Spot in that Sweeper...
:twisted:
Focus on FASTER!!!!
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Hmmmm, after looking at the FINAL results(all run times shown for each car), I think we need to LIMIT our runs to a maximum of FOUR. Letting these people get 5+ runs really hurts my final standings in the RAW and CLASS. :(

:oops:
larry

Great event.

Post by larry »

Great event Scott and all. The day was really fast paced and I really liked the course even though I got whupped again. Congrats Brian...I did like the way you got back into your fastest run is the third one routine though:twisted:
Larry Huff
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#1)
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#2)
2005 Acura TL Anthracite
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

It was a great event and except for the 1st gear turnaround, a great course. Events run smoothly when you have so many people that know what's going on. Thanks to Tyler Hamilton for stepping up and being worker jerk!

I want to be the first to congratulate Scott on locking in the STX championship. No matter what I did yesterday, I couldn't catch him. And actually, no one that drove my car during fun runs beat his best competition time. Looks like every dog has his day, and good dogs have two.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

thrdeye wrote: Looks like every dog has his day, and good dogs have two.
...i'm still waiting on my second. :(
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

TonyBolton wrote: ...i'm still waiting on my second. :(
You're a bad dog if I've ever seen one. :wink:
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
steverife

Post by steverife »

Scuffcakes wrote:
not cbring wrote:Thanks Dave Guffey! I think I could get used to one of those!
Juste remember, lotsa wrenchin' time went into that car and you woulda hated most of it. :lol: You're always welcome to make fun runs in it, but I ain't gonna had ya the gun to shoot me with.
I think the CRX is faster, but it is harder to drive. If the brakes were right, I think I could have been in the mid-41's in it in fun runs. With another run or two, I think I would have be in the high 41's in the Miata. Driving the CRX is sort of like work to me, the Miata is fun.

I'm frustrated on the brakes. First I had rear lockup issues, then I replaced rotors. Brakes felt great. I go down to the Huntsville T&T and the brake pedal gets real soft by the end of the day. Brakes are real progressive and smooth, there is just a lot of pedal travel before you get to them. I bleed the brakes, then go to Bristol. Feels exactly the same. Repeat for Bristol #2. I bleed the brakes again before this weekend and they feel PERFECT on my street/empty parking lot test. I get on the course yesterday and the pedal is soft. Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, LOCKUP! Driving home, I noticed the pedal is now abnormally high. :(
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Master cylinder? really old rubber brake hoses? :?: :?:
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Could also be the hardware on the drums. If the adjusters are worn, they could be self-adjusting whenever they feel like it. It could also have broken pieces floating around.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
steverife

Post by steverife »

Master cylinder should be good unless I somehow hurt it in my dumbassery. Hose aren't new, but they look fine. I think I may just suck at bleeding brakes. That's how I felt at the event. Does the newly found high pedal suggest anything?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I have seen the rubber/flexible brake lines collapse internally even when they look fine externally. I've seen them just become a big restriction and I've also seen them form a kind of one way valve where the fluid can flow fairly easily in one direction and not the other. Both of these issues caused all sorts of weird brake problems.
- Dave Disney